Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 12 of 93 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast

Thread: TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR: The adventure continues as Gerry G returns to Negril

User Info Menu

Instead, I jumped on the bike and went up the hill. I picked up Jodie and we went to Out of Town Pastry, where we bumped into Keith, my friend from Philly ..... Negril really is a small town, particularly the cliff area.

I went to see Banton, smoked up, then hit the road again and went all the way to Westender Inn. I walked around, remembering some of the great times I've had here ..... The rock pool was in perfect shape,, so clear that it almost looked empty from one angle.

User Info Menu

It was getting toward that time for Sunset. Jodie and I went to Xtabi and ate at the edge of the cliff as the sun found its way into the ocean, celebrating with beautiful colors, the reds against the blues of ocean, so very nice. It was actually quite romantic. I met up with Jodies three young children, and they were really nice .... I've met them a few times, and I usually try to give them some candy or a patty but this time, I had all those 500s, so I just peeled off 500 for each one, and they were quite happy!!!!

Then the nut guy with the steaming cart rolled up to us, and for an additional 500 j we were able to get 10 assorted bags of nuts -- I even got one for myself, and it was good!

I dropped Jodie off, told her maybe we can hang tomorrow. I went to Catch A Fallin Star to hang at Ivans, and also smoke a spliff by the the rocks -- love all the little nooks and crannies. I order a strawberry daiquri, no alcohol (like they ever so anyway, lol), then I called Bentley to ask what he was doing, cause that guy just gives off a great vibe. I like hangin out with him.

User Info Menu

Nice report so far gerry. Have to admit I was looking forward to hearing about your Grateful Dead jam session LOL!(who ARE the grateful dead anyways?) Don't worry, just because we all don't "live" there part time, (just lowly tourists) doesn't mean we can't go there and have a hell of a good time, with both the locals and other lowly tourists. You learned your pickpocket lesson, now you can move on.

User Info Menu

Gerry.you should have went to Mayfields..screw the potholes..A sublime place to lite up...Make sure to go there before you go home-get outta Negril and exp.the real Jam at least once...
    and some people dont live there-but stay/vacation for extended periods..there's a big difference...(no matter how long you been coming to the island)Living there and dealing with da system is a whole nother ballgame..

Gerry-keep on partying your "style"..no problem with that..your there to do it up anyway you wish(funny how others had their chance)..but glean a little knowledge some of us are passing on and stop talking about the cash you have..I think its great your helping the locals and their economy...but believe it of not-your setting yourself up...

Shssh about $$$.....ok...on with the report...(and yes. dont include anyone w/o proper consent)..
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Lovin your report Gerry!! Keep on livin it up... Guess i better research the rules on trip reporting lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by poolguywindsor View Post
    I am following along too, getting ready to tell my New Years eve story, from what I remember was like a Gerry G night.lol
    LMAO!!!!

"Driver......I can't hear the radio.......Driver....."

Love ya big guy!
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

So I chilled with Bentley, had a dragon stout and a smoke. Then, I realized it had been more than an hour since my last meal (LOL), so my next stop was Debar's for some Jerk Chicken, a cold bottle of water, and of course another spliff. Eddie's wife was there -- a beautiful blonde American who looks like a fashion model -- and we chatted a bit about the USA, Negril and the fact so many repeat tourists seem to gather at DeBars (that has to be a good sign, right?).

I took off towards seven mile, just havin' fun and let the wind catch me as I motored along. I met another Jerk chicken guy in front of Roots, asking if Step Aside was around. He said no not now but that his own chicken was better anyway, lol.

There was some sort of event going on at Roots, but it was early (read no party girls circling like sharks).

My Negril phone rang. It was Raquel, a cute local lady I had had a little fling with last time ..... We made tentative plans to see each other sometime today, so I guess, like a typical Gerry G vacation, I might have to work up a little rotation, lol ..... I went to bed early, about 11 p.m. (still can't figure out how to use the TV remote); I have not watched a single minute of TV nor read a single page of my books (Jackie Collins novel and autobiography of Duff McKagan from Guns N Roses), so that must mean I am having a good time.

User Info Menu

Yes RR Ras Walleye refreshed my memory of the new year Seastar shuttle.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

living your adventures through you......glad you hooked up with Bentley..........
    Bentley knows a lot of good people and the guy is one heck of a cook.........
    and looks like there is no shortage of ladies for you to hang with this reach........lol

Enjoy!

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Great trip report, Gerry! Enjoying your adventures. Greetings to your friend John from South Dakota!