Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast

Thread: TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR: The adventure continues as Gerry G returns to Negril

User Info Menu

No, not yet. But it sounds like a good idea. I love food. It's one my fav things about Negril. I must hit a road-side jerk stand today -- it's been a long time.

User Info Menu

Lovin it Gerry !!! Keep it comin........

User Info Menu

Yes Gerry, Archway Pizza is most excellent!

User Info Menu

Irie report so far~Bless!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Damn Gerry...Thats all I can say right now. I'm feeling this report.

User Info Menu

Gerry: congrats on your return to law schoolL I want to go back and get my PhD but Sallie Mae told me that I need to pay on my previous education before she lets me get anymore LOL!
    Happy holiday family time!

User Info Menu

Gerry,
    I've spent most of the last two days reading your July report.
    I'm a slow reader.

I work deep in the intestinal tract of the criminal justice system and I'm so ready for a vacay.
    Your trip report was "just what I needed" to quote the "Cars".

I sincerely hope my sweet heart and I get a chance to meet up with you and Brasi.
    Seriously!
    Respect Dude!
    That rug really tied the room together.

User Info Menu

I woke up this morning and enjoyed a nice Negril breakfast at Sunset on the Cliffs ā€“ dumplings were so good. Then I went to Seastar, like usual, took a little swim and had the honor of witnessing Brasi indulge for the first time in a Purple Reign ā€“ he liked it.

Smoked up, jumped in the pool. Repeat as directed. Ordered another plate of spaghetti, ate half of it, saved the other half. Then I decided I wanted to go somewhere. I was thinking Rhodes Resort for the esoteric feeling of chilling on a calm beach without many others around.

I was cruising along in my scooter, I decided instead to stop in at Long Beach, having never gotten into the water on that part of the beach in all my Negril visits.

It was nice, but Iā€™m not quite feeling well ā€“ a little stiff, like my arthritis is acting up, as my joints are a little sore. Oddly, I am totally comfortable riding the bike, but once I get off to walk around, I am kind of in slow motion. I think I am going to be OK.
    Last edited by gerryg123; 01-06-2012 at 05:24 PM.

User Info Menu

Went to Juici’s and had a plate of fried chicken. It was good – tasted a LOT like KFC, oddly – but it was not cheap – four pieces for 850 j, something like that, though you get to pick the pieces. She would only give me four little packets of ketchup, I asked for one or two more,, and she said I would have to pay a dime, lol. That’s bad business – i had just spent 10 dollars, give me a break!

Then I went to Sunset on the Cliffs, rested up a bit on the bad. Oh, btw, last nite someone was singing karaoke near Sunset on the Cliffs, and the two things I noticed was it was very loud and very had. One of the singers sounded like an injured moose calling for its mate, lol. But it’s all irie.

I visited a pharmacy, got some anti-inflammatory pills, hope that works. Otherwise I might have to see a doctor. I think I will feel better soon. Still having a good time.

User Info Menu

My guess is over indulgence ..with the sun of course !!! On a serious note ..ask a local to get you some "tuna" . It is a plant that you mash and drink .. they will know what you are looking for .. the stuff is sort of nasty to drink ..but worked wonders for me and my banged up hockey body ..trust me I was most skeptical ..but damn .. I was back to 100 % in a couple of hours ..amazing !!