Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 51 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast

Thread: TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR: The adventure continues as Gerry G returns to Negril

User Info Menu

Re: TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR: The adventure continues as Gerry G returns to Negril

Tizzy.....you make me smile girl! You are one of the only people I know who can tell a story about a bad circumstance with a smile and a laugh!

User Info Menu

Awe Girrrrl...you know me, I cant be sweating that small stuff.

Nice one, Vince my kids love that one too...
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Back to real time, I found a crumbled 500j bill in the dryer this morning, lol .... I guess it's my official souvenir. .....

User Info Menu

I found a $100J in my back pocket of shorts that I haven't worn since last summer. Along with a business card of a taximan. All freshly washed and crisp
    Awesome report Gerry! Thanks for sharing!

User Info Menu

Later I went to Ricks, as I often do at Sunset (it's right up the road from Seastar Inn), and all of sudden I hear: "Hey, Gerry G!"

It was Devon, a cabbie who used to hang out in front of RIU Club. He took me to the airport a few years back, and as we approached Sangster that day, he says, "Hey, are you missing something?" and pulls out my wallet -- I had absent-mindedly left it behind on the counter of a convenience story halfway back. There were hundreds of dollars inside, and at the time Devon REFUSED to take a big tip for covering my back.

That's how nice a guy he is and how honest he is. We laughed and talked for a bit, and it was so nice to see him again just to thank him one more time because, my gosh, I had met so many hustlers in the interim, and the man kind of restored my faith in humanity.

This time, I slipped him $20. When he started to protest, I said don't be silly, it's for your kids, and he said OK. Best $20 I spent all vacation.
    Last edited by gerryg123; 05-09-2012 at 09:09 AM.

User Info Menu

Here are some more pics (top to bottom):

1, Hangin at Ricks with Devon, a VERY honest cabbie

2, Here's the great bartender Natasha from Seasplash (she wants to be in report)

3, Here's the comforting security guard from Seasplash, Dave (he wants to be in report)

4, The band plays great reggae at boardie party
    Attached Images Attached Images     

User Info Menu

Here's a little video of Blue Cave Castle:

User Info Menu

LOL, You are awesome. Please submit to the Travel Channel, you are sure to be a HIT!!!!! GerryG- 1--2---3

User Info Menu

I second that! Gerry G, love love love your on site reports! You videos make me smile, especially when you end with your trademark, "yaaa mon!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Juli View Post
    LOL, You are awesome. Please submit to the Travel Channel, you are sure to be a HIT!!!!! GerryG- 1--2---3

User Info Menu

As the evening moved on, I went to hang out with my friend Keith and another expat, Tim, a really nice guy who is a former stand-up comic (funny guy!) who has been living on and off in Negril for about 20 years.

We played dominos with Jodie (she is really good and loves winning!) at Banton's for a bit. I made arrangements to meet her later, and in the interim I had arranged for a nice batch of fish soup at Bentley's -- I was experimenting with different dishes, and at this point one more crab cake would have seen me spouting claws -- and it was nice. I figured it was going to be my last meal at Bentley's cause I was leaving in a couple of days, and both of us really enjoyed it.

I hooked up with Jodie later, and we went to Travellers for karaoke. Keep in mind, I am NOT a singer by any stretch. But Jodie is actually quite good, though MUCH TOO SHY to actually get up and sing, even though there were only about 10 peeps there, several making a fool of themselves which is exactly what I wanted US to do, lol. Frustratingly, Jodie would sing into my ear when the others were up there, and she sounded good, but no amount of persuading would get her up there!

Heavily motivated by Rasta Stan's great performance at Seastar Inn on the the Saturday before, I tried "Stand By Me," and it was BAD, but honestly I did have fun. When the chorus would roll around, I would try to get everyone to join in: "Come on everyone, won't you staaaaaaaand by me!" .... Silence. LOL.

We did not stay out too late. I knew tomorrow would be my last night, and I didn't want to miss precious moments of my vacation sleeping during daylight hours the next morning. I am almost OCD about it -- I do NOT like to waste time on vacation even more so than I don't like to waste time at home because being in Negril costs money, so I feel like I am missing something!

I can relax when I get back. My Negril trips are about fun and adventure, not much sitting by the pool working on my tan!