Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 52 of 93 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast

Thread: TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR: The adventure continues as Gerry G returns to Negril

User Info Menu

Re: TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR: The adventure continues as Gerry G returns to Negril

Here are some pics (top to bottom):

1, the rock pool and ocean at Westender Inn

2, Hangin' with Rambo, the great security guard for Seastar Inn

3, At Banton's playing dominoes with Tim and Jodie

4, Here is me and reggae superstar Luciano (I am the one on the right!)

5, Nice blended fruit drink at Catcha Falling Star
    Attached Images Attached Images      

User Info Menu

What a trip you had. The little pool at Westender looks inviting, and so does the fruit drink!

User Info Menu

Great pic w/you and Luciano... I enjoyed that concert from here in SC thanks to Rob & Lisa!

You never see it coming ... and the next thing you know ... UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    4, Here is me and reggae superstar Luciano (I am the one on the right!)
    Thank you Gerry for sorting that out for us lol
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Saturday morning. Last full day in Negril. I had some leftover pasta for breakfast at Seastar Inn, and this kind of set the tone of the day. I cruised down the hill, stopping in front of Legends to say hello to my cabbie friend, Shayne, whom I've known for years and always drives me and Brasi around. He was hoping to strike a deal to take me and Braz to the airport tomorrow, since by coincidence both of us are leaving the same day, and I said it was OK if it can work out, but as things would turn out, we would go with Clives.

I went by Elvis scooters and hit him with another $20 for one more day 'cause I had paid for 10 days and this was the 11th day. I had my floatie raft at Seasplash, so I made my way there, as that had become my "beach" home. Vincent came at 1030 a.m., as usual, and we went snorkeling and spearfishing.

All week, Vincent's snorkel assistant, Roger, was hoping to make a deal to keep my spear gun. He loved it, and he only had one other gun. As we made our way back to the shore in front of Seasplash, I asked if he still wanted it. He said yes but did not have any extra money, he said, so I said WTF and just gave him the spear gun -- on the vague condition he and Vincent take me snorkeling for free a couple of times next reach, and Vincent readily agreed.

The spear gun was about 100 bucks in USA, but they cost a lot more in Negril. When I suggested to Roger that if he has Net access, an email and a credit card, he can buy one from amazon or eBay and have it shipped to Jamaica, he just looked at me like I was from outer space, lol.

Back at Seasplash, I hung a bit at the bar with Natasha, a really good server who has been there a long time through all the different owners. She says she really likes Jim Hurt -- "the best hotel owner in Negril!" she says -- and she is always in a good mood and smiling, and that makes it a great experience to sit at the oceanfront bar and enjoy some fruity drinks.

Back at Seastar Inn, I hung at the pool with Tawnee and some of the other Seastar yardies. I called one of the Jerk chicken guys who runs a little restaurant on the Cliffs and said, "Hey, can I order a plate to be picked up at 3 p.m.?" He says ya, so I say, "Please, not too spicy, bbq style," and he says all good.

It was about 115 p.m., so I had almost two hours before the chicken would be ready, I figured. I hung with Charlie for a bit, then motored down the hill. I had a bunch of little things to take care of, including buying my two girls a nice stack of Jamaica dresses so they would not be quite so mad at me for going to Negril without them! Charlie suggested the Indian store near the roundabout. On the way down, I bumped into the chicken guy, said, "Hey, don't forget my chicken, I will be back in 45 minutes -- bbq style!"

Ya mon. He had yet to move a muscle, lol.

After some intense negotiation, i bought six dresses for 72 dollars USD. It was 3 p.m. on the dot when I arrived for my chicken, but, alas, he just began to cook it once he saw me again. I was like WTF and said I did not want to wait long and that was why I made special arrangements for 3 p.m., so he said OK it will be ready soon come, like 15 or 30 minutes.

Meantime, I said OK, went to Home Sweet Home, where I had never been, to have a quick drink, chill on the hammock, prepare myself mentally and physically and spiritually for my chicken lunch. At Home Sweet Home, I met the chef and one of the managers, Marcea (she wants to be in report), and I was thoroughly impressed with the property, which lives up to its name. You really do feel like you're in your own backyard there. I want to come back there one day, for sure!

So, finally, I pick up my lunch. Spicy as all heck, Jerk style and not BBQ, so I could only laugh after all this. I had a few bites, paid the bill, took the rest home in my little compartment in my scooter. Just as I was pulling away, I thought to myself that I had never been to Chicken Lavish, and I know they have BBQ style, so I figured what's wrong with one more plate? I went to Chicken Lavish, where I bumped into the server Natisha (wants to be in report), who I had known from Seastar Inn because she is tight with Knoxley, the great keyboard player in the band (Negril is a small town, after a while you're always bumpin' into someone you know).

Knoxley, btw, is a rare find, a top musician with a real job who not only works at Seastar Inn but also plays at Alfreds and Ricks, so he has a good gig going. Chicken Lavish was great. I decadently poured a half cup of BBQ sauce on my chicken and loved it.

Back at Seastar Inn, Charlie was still hangin' about. He was supposed to meet me at the first chicken place, but I guess when I jumped away to Home Sweet Home, I missed him.

Suzie Q and I went to Bantons to meet Jodie. Then we all went to Catcha and hung out with Gugiray and Sweetie Pie, and I bumped into Clarity and Marcus just as I was leaving to ready myself for the big show at Seastar Inn. I gave Jodie all my shampoos and soaps and pens and reading glasses and snacks and other stuff because I was leaving tomorrow, and she wanted to go home and freshen up before returning later.
    Last edited by gerryg123; 05-11-2012 at 09:20 AM.

User Info Menu

Sad day Gerry, our last meet up at Ivan's. I have a horribly taken yet nearly perfect portrait of you at the bar there. ("You've got your finger over the lense fool!") I'll post it if you're good with it... Your resurrection skills were impressive. Really glad you got a chance to drop in at Home Sweet Home and agree with the feeling of a yard. And Chicken Lavish! Shoulda gone with the Lavish all along! You are a mighty whirlwind Big California! In comes Gerry, flash goes Gerry, out goes Gerry to the next flashpoint! You weave through my tale daily I believe. Thanks for everything, truly memorable!
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Guirigay View Post
    I have a horribly taken yet nearly perfect portrait of you at the bar there. ("You've got your finger over the lense fool!") I'll post it if you're good with it ...
    No prob, my friend, but can you do a photoshop fix to eliminate my double chin???? ha ha

User Info Menu

So here they are, No photoshopping necessary, I bid adieu to the Mighty Californian....

Name:  IMG_1054.jpg
Views: 1041
Size:  108.7 KBName:  IMG_1053.jpg
Views: 1018
Size:  110.6 KB
    Last edited by Guirigay; 05-11-2012 at 10:47 AM. Reason: can't type :)

User Info Menu

Here are some pics (top to bottom):

1, Hangin' with Shayne

2, Seastar driver Henry, always in a good mood

3, Tattoo Charlie and Suzie Q

4, Sweetie Pie and Gurigay at Catcha

5, Blue Cave Castle, very unique hotel
    Attached Images Attached Images      

User Info Menu

Thank you for that pic Gerry, Wow!