Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast

Thread: TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR: The adventure continues as Gerry G returns to Negril

User Info Menu

Somebody recently told me that "alcohol" & coffee cause inflamation, which, in turn, aggravates arthritis....just a thought...

User Info Menu

have had very little coffee and very little alcohol. But if ganja happens to cure it, I should be ready to work at Ricks as one of the divers any moment .....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    have had very little coffee and very little alcohol. But if ganja happens to cure it, I should be ready to work at Ricks as one of the divers any moment .....
    get drinking and smoking mon!

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

" But if ganja happens to cure it, I should be ready to work at Ricks as one of the divers any moment ...."

LMAO, boy I'm glad I wasn't taking a drink when I read that! That was hilarious.

User Info Menu

Gerry,

Just an old guy's opinion...slow down and unwind

Regards

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Good stuff
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

Yay! Sounds like you're having a great time in Negril! I'm looking forward to reading more! - Did you grant Brasi his sit down interview yet?

I do hope you feel better soon though, It's probably all the sun, drinking, partying and fast scooter drivin'
    A little bit of R & R and I know you'll be back on your feet.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Gerry, the sea is good for aches and pains--I recommend swimming in the sea and chilling out. And I have to second negriljail on getting some tuna (the plant not the fish!) I had a really bad fall a couple of trips back on wet slippery tiles--was bruised up something fierce. A local friend brought me a couple of pitchers of tuna and water mixture--really slimy stuff. He made me drink both pitchers and I kid you not, the next day, the bruises had nearly disappeared and the pain was gone. I had also gone to the clinic in Negril, but all they did was confirm that I hadn't broken anything. Get some tuna, man, and drink it up.

User Info Menu

OK, i experienced a little action last night ....

Like I said, I was not feeling well because of my inflammed joints, so I went to sleep early at Sunset on the Cliffs, and the meds finally starting working, so I was feeling a lot better.

I woke up, and it was still dark outside, so I thought it was 5 a.m. or something, but then i scrambled for my watch, and it was only 2:30 a.m.

I went outside on my porch, listening to the gentle call of the waves softly brushing against the Cliffs in front of me. It was nearly a full moon, and the stars were shining brightly. I rolled a nice one, sat out there and smoked a good portion of it, and I was feeling pretty happy because i knew I was feeling better, especially my knees and joints, and not worse -- cause if it worse, I was not sure what my next move was going to be, probably see Dr. Grant (Chris from Seastar Inn vouched for her).

So I had cotton mouth and was a bit hungry, so I figured why not take a moonlight drive on the motorbike to Mi Yard. I had a craving for festival bread.

Anyway, i start up the bike, motor down, and I guess I was not paying good enough attention because it was dark, of course, and I missed Mi Yard completely.

User Info Menu

That's OK. I kept motoring along, having fun. I hit the roundabout, where I know all the jerk-barrel guys always hang out, but not much happening there, so I kept going. I saw winner's circle, where they have those wild parties on the roof until the wee hours, but it was pretty quiet, too.

Where was everyone? At this time of night, there aren't too many choices, so it had to be Scrub A Dub.
    Last edited by gerryg123; 01-07-2012 at 09:16 AM.