Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumpolephoreskin's Existential Wanderings in and Around Negril

User Info Menu

then we headed back down to Sunbeach. We spent time talking with Dennis the menace and people that drifted through the bar. We met a Canadian boardie there (Beachcomber). After a while we got to talking with Neal. He was sitting behind the bar apparently doing some kind of bookkeeping. He said he was family of the owners. He talked about his schooling (computer science?) and said Jody's helper at Eazyrock was his cousin. After a while he brought out his parrot.
    Attachment 9097

Hold on can the sun really be setting?

Name:  IMG_0738(2).jpg
Views: 602
Size:  90.7 KB

How did we stay here so long?
    Name:  IMG_0740(2).jpg
Views: 601
Size:  97.5 KB

Is it sand gravity?
    Name:  IMG_0761(2).jpg
Views: 514
Size:  73.2 KB

We stopped at MI yard on the way home. We had beers with ice and caught the breeze on the porch. I started thinking, I'm running out of days. I haven't planned the, I'm groping for a name here, proposal dinner(?). I want something to rock her, something that could only happen on this island.

User Info Menu

That first picture with the sun, boat and rope is incredible, thanks for posting.

User Info Menu

Love this report! Or as Tic would say..lurve... Spectacular pics!

I must admit, I am feeling like I need to study up on my art and philosophy...gosh! Add "highly intelligent" to the adjectives describing Negril.com boardies!

Rum: I am betting the Seastar bartender was Randy. Great staff at that place...can't wait to go back...

I'm looking forward to reading about how you popped the question!

User Info Menu

YES!YES!YES! I dig the colours so much in Jamaica. I studied some Art History. Looking forward to your Cubism pics.
    Great report, I really like your style of writing
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

LJ:The cubism is a bit of a stretch but it is close.
    I don't want to build it out of proportion.
    Did you know early in Hemingway's career he was viewed as a Cubist writer (Particularly "In Our Time")?

Brasi: I checked with Mrs. Peel (much better with names) it was Randy and Alvin. She thought Randy was the more quiet of the two, she describes Alvin as tall and lanky with a ready smile.

User Info Menu

RUm ~ no, that is not Kevin. Kevin is younger, bald-head, not so tall. I don't recognize the man serving food in your photo, but I don't go to the place much.

I love your report all the extra commentary you have going through it.

What happened to your leg, was it an auto accident?

User Info Menu

Yes...Randy is shy...but don't be fooled.

In my trip report, I mention Randy...as the Seastar guy....who I saw in Belmond.

'Nuff said but...he has game. His game is "having no game." LOL He is a GREAT guy, really cool.

User Info Menu

Clarity: Are you saying I can dust off all my hoary old cliches and you'll think they're fresh. Sounds like a generation gap. Hoho!

JustChuck and Gerryg: I'm ready to do it again, let's go . . . oh yeah $, nevermind, well soon come.
    That rug really tied the room together.

User Info Menu

Lola,
    In short Dr.'s and medicine ruined a near perfect leg.
    I was taking a blood thinning medication, a hematologist decided I didn't need it, when the next blood clot formed (it's always funny to use that phrase in context with Jamaica) the local emergency room didn't believe me (I went there on two separate occasions/days). A small blood clot high in my femoral vein (whatever you call the vein that runs next to the femoral artery) -in the inside of my upper leg spread to extend from my lower abdomen down to mid-calf. The pain was excruciating. After five days my GP sent me to the closest big city and I got treatment. A week in the hospital and over a year off work. Initially my leg felt like a piece of cooked meat. All the valves in that major vein were ruined. To this day I have to wear that stocking (if I'm upright on land) you saw me in (near Sun Island). That thing is so hot (temperature-wise).

Oops TMI
    But thank you for asking.

User Info Menu

Great report- Mrs. peel's a real trooper! Where exactly is the beach erosion picture taken?