Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumpolephoreskin's Existential Wanderings in and Around Negril

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Rum-polephoreskin;27836]This piece of the report is coming from "Easy Rock Internet Cafe". Ridiculously low prices.

I'm going to spend money freely down here becaue the people appreciate my contribution. I'll probably spend like I'll never get here again. I went through a few years where money was scarce. Things are better for me now and I like sharing my goood fortune with people who appreciate the offering. And Alfred says I can indulge guilt free.

One love

Rum, nicely done. My sentiments exactly,

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Rum, thanks for such a wonderful report. Alfred is a great representative of Jamaica and all the reasons we love this little piece of paradise.

User Info Menu

Everything you said of Alfred is spot on. I hope things go better with his goats..

And, for hydration issues, I have a cheap and simple tip.....ALKA-SELTZER. The GOLD, not the others that have aspirin or acetaminophen. In JA, its called "Andrews Salts", and every little store has it for sale by the packet. It contains all the ingredients of rehydration salts except..sugar...so plop, plop, fizz, fizz, drink it up and eat something sweet with it. Like...a banana! LOL! I take mine first thing in JA and try to down at least a litre of H2O with it.
    Last edited by RockRobster; 01-13-2012 at 06:11 PM.
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

You're in the tropics man....the best thing to drink to replace electrolytes is "coconut wata" the NATURAL Gatorade, without any of the unatural additives. Just ask for one....someone is sure to know where to get it....

User Info Menu

Gotta agree with you Northcoast! Coconut wata is Jah's answer to rehydration. Nothing better than I know of to cleanse the heart and refresh the body. We generally have one every morning in Negril. Of course, fresh honey banana is awesome to replace potassium too!

User Info Menu

Ask for a "cool Jelly" to get the chilled coconut water. Then they can hit the husk with a machete and shazam you have a spoon to eat the jelly.

You are right about Alfred. Our trips wouldn't be complete without riding with Alfred. He is one of the reasons we go to Negril. He knows where all of the skeletons are hidden, even in our closet.

Respect,
    Col. Andy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by northcoast View Post
    You're in the tropics man....the best thing to drink to replace electrolytes is "coconut wata" the NATURAL Gatorade, without any of the unatural additives. Just ask for one....someone is sure to know where to get it....
    Ditto

User Info Menu

Rum-p wrote: "When Alfred got to Xtabi (Thursday morning) we were swimming back from Rockhouse. He called me by my real first name. Lovely - what a sweet sound away from home: hearing your name called in greeting."

That's a good thing, LOLOL

User Info Menu

Isn't Coconut a natural laxative though .. ?? lolol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rum-polephoreskin View Post
    Don't know when I'll finish.
    We leave tomorrow night (well Wednesday at 1:30AM) for Chicago and our flight to Negril.

Mrs. Peel and I will be traveling down together.
    Wow...you never know what life has in store for you. I commend you for keeping your relationship platonic while you and Mrs. Peel were in the better times of your relationships with respective spouses. I can't wait to read the rest of your report. Ok sorry I know the report is now about 6 pages in and I am way behind LOL.
    “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharial Nehru