Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumpolephoreskin's Existential Wanderings in and Around Negril

User Info Menu

That's one of the coolest things I have seen on here. What a great experience!
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Terrific! Loving all of this. I have had chickadees land on my palm to eat seeds but NEVER fed a Humming Bird before. Looks so cool
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting about Rockland and for including such wonderful pics! I've not heard of it before so it's now on the to do list.
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

Wow Rum! Now I have a bit of a dilemma. I've been planning on just one road trip this reach and was really settled on Mayberry Falls but the bird sanctuary looks amazing. Hummingbirds landing on your hand?!? That's incredible and probably a pretty romantic experience and memory as well I'm pretty sure we'll end up at the falls - Daisy, Markus and Jamar's descriptions and photos were amazing, but this does present a bit of a quandry. The lady loves birds... and waterfalls...
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

I have thought about going to the bird sancturay before but this certainly clinches it for me. Next reach we will be going there for sure. Looks amazing!
    Thanks Rum....
    PARADISE IS A STATE OF MIND

User Info Menu

Lady Jane,
    I've had a chickadee do that too.
    It's the same with a hummingbird (they're just more exotic), but the thrill is the same.

User Info Menu

Guirigay,
    Bring your Binocs to the falls, I'm sure you'll get some quality bird watching in.

User Info Menu

Great pix Rum. A caution to anyone wanting to visit the Bird Sanctuary, they keep unusual hours. Twice we have attempted to go but the opening/Closing times thwarted us.

Respect,
    Col. Andy & "Wildcat" Pam

User Info Menu

I'm glad so many people are contemplating Rocklands.
    It was absolutely our best planned activity.

My favorite thing is being in the water, but on land Rocklands was special.

If you plan a trip there make sure there are no cruise ships in Mo-bay on the day you're going.
    I think Alfred told us cruise ships are not in Mo-bay on Mondays and that's how we planned our trip.
    I'm not sure that's a constant rule though, so it is worth checking.
    You could easily loose the quality of the experience if you were mobbed.
    Also get there as early as possible - always better for birding.
    Last edited by Rum-polephoreskin; 02-01-2012 at 10:39 AM. Reason: typo

User Info Menu

Binoculars! totally slipped my mind, now on the packing list.
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?