Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Years Eve. in Negril, as I remember it.

User Info Menu

New Years Eve. in Negril, as I remember it.

So this was my second New Year in Negril, and the plan Seastar Inn foor the buffet, and Luciano show! I took it easy on the drinks this day as to pace myself into the night. So we decide we will head there early for happy hour and since I had a wife and two kids tagging along it made sense to get there before the traffic and crazyness starts. As a side not my 9 year old daughter has this problem when we travel to Jamaica, she cant stay awake past 8:00 to save her life, but she is up at 6:30 am every morning and starving for breakfast by 7! So we tried to keep her up later the night before so she could stay awake until midnight, it did not work she only made it to 10. Anyway we get to Seastar and get a table with Tawnee and Randy, hey its there anniversary too! ( by the way we were at the wedding the new year before). Name:  DSC_0075 (640x426).jpg
Views: 579
Size:  47.4 KB

I dont have too many pictures espeacially when I get to the good parts!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Geesh I never realized how much Tawnee and Randy were enjoying my company.lol So I started with a couple dirty filthy bananas and the wife actually had a couple pina colladas (with rum!) So the buffet was great as usual and the Redstripe was flowing, thge kids found some others there age and wererunning around for a while ,sometimes wife has some good ideas as you can see in the picture.

Name:  DSC_0076 (640x426).jpg
Views: 594
Size:  37.6 KB

User Info Menu

As you can see they were all getting tired, but I was fine still pounding Redstripes, anyway the drummers were pounding away and next thing you know its time for Luciano to take the stage (see video under rastagal thread)

User Info Menu

Name:  DSCN3227 (640x480).jpg
Views: 561
Size:  43.0 KBName:  DSCN3224 (640x480).jpg
Views: 570
Size:  40.1 KB

User Info Menu

The hockey game was on too! Anyway I just realized out of three cameras not on picture of Luciano, oh well I got some a few weeks back when i saw him at the Jungle. Hey any body ever had corn on the cob in Negril?

User Info Menu

So know its getting later I would guess around 11:30 or some where around there and Julia is sleeping across two chairs, Jake is leaning on the table with toothpicks holding his eyes open and wife is looking tired too. So at this point I get a brainstorm! "hey you want me to get you guys a taxi to take you back and I can stay for the rest of the show" I get the whatever answer, and in my world thats the same as yes, sometimes no is yes too if its something I really want to do! Any way now I am going to have to find a taxi on new years eve, so I go out the gates and take a look around, anyone who has been to Seastar before knows that there is no line of taxi,s out there in the middle of the night! So I pull out my phone and try a few numbers,no luck! Now my beer is empty too! Ok so got to take care of that first! So hurry over to the bar for a refill and decide to take another look out front!

User Info Menu

As I am starting to loose hope a white car is rolling up! I lean around to take a look and "yes there is a REDPLATE!" so this guy stops and as he is opening the door, I right there"hey you a taxi mon!" Of course I already knew the answer but am getting excited as there will soon be a poolguy on the loose in Negril on new years eve!
    Yamon I am a taxi, ok so how much to drive my family back to Fun Holidy? he gave me a really reasoable price as he hands me one of those heavy duty laminated business cards you only get from taxi drivers in Jamaica!
    So as he is telling me how he is the safest driver on the road, yeah, yeah, I think I ran back in the gate to round up the troops and load them in the taxi! Anyway I hand the guy a $20 us and tell him make sure they get back safe. He assures me again that he is the safest guy on the road!

User Info Menu

Now you can probably see where this is going, anyway remember I was asking about the corn on the cob thing?
    There were other people with corn on the cob including some of the Seastar staff, and i wanted one!
    As tha taxi pulls away I see this guy across the road with one of those big soup potrs you see outside the Jungle and places like that.
    So I ask hey you have the corn?
    "yeahmon I have corn and soup"
    Ok I want a corn so this guy had the corn staying hot in the pot of soup, cool idea, now the corn was kinda like what we call field corn, you know kinda tough, but it tasted good from soaking in the soup. Name:  IMG_0776 (478x640).jpg
Views: 495
Size:  26.2 KBName:  IMG_0778 (478x640).jpg
Views: 421
Size:  23.0 KB Before and after!

User Info Menu

As i ate the corn and listened to Luciano in the background, I am thinkin where next?!!! and how am i gettin there? Any way there was a quite a few boardies there, some i remember talking to and maybe some I dont.lol RockRobster tells me his wife is still mad as Ras Walleye ate all the cupcakes on the buffet, I didnt get one either! So I get up to the bar and get a Redstripe and time to settle up my tab!!! I always try to only carry as much cash as i need for the night, but I brought a little extra as it was new years eve anyway the tip thing always gives me a hard time, but not sure you should ask "how much is a good tip? to the bar staff.lol any way I just kept handing over money until I got the smile that tells you, your not always a cheap ass!

User Info Menu

I have no idea what time it is now and some of the events as I was leaving Seastar were refreshed to my memory from some of the witnesses. lol Any way I was thinking of calling the taxi guy with the HD laminated business card, when as I headed to the gate the Seastar shuttle was loaded with passengers except one empty seat! Right next to Ras Walleye, now if he was smart he would have moved over to take two seats, sorry no room for you! Any way I yell in the door dont leave I gotta take a leak and I,ll be right back! This part I think I blocked from my memory intentionally, but thanks to RR he refreshed it. There was some girl getting on a scooter leaving Seastar at the same Time, and she was hot! well after 20 plus drinks anyway (if she is a boardie who reads this ,you may really be hot but I dont remember!lol) Ok so after a really good attempt at getting on the scooter, she made a comment about not remembering tommorrow or something, Rock Robster and Ras Walleye have more details on this. she told me get a pen and I will give you my number, yeah, yeah whatever anyway the load of people on the bus espeacially one lady is loosing her patience with me so I get in and shutup! Yeah right no I get in leaning on Ras walleye and continue in my best loud drunk voice to annoy the lady in the back and maybe others, maybe a few were amused but not the "driver please turn up the music "lady who by the way said it more than once! lmao. I knew she was annoyed by me but as people that know me I was enjoying seeing how annoying I could get. {an apology to Ras Walleye sorry for leaning on you all the way to Canoe, partly the fault of the seats that are not big enogh and partly as you were helping keep me stable over the potholes"