Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: First timer

User Info Menu

First timer

The wife and i are looking to go the middle of april, is there many people around that time of year. Looking to stay on the beach,need advise on a the best budget priced hotels. All advise would be a help,thanks talk shortly.

thanks peifun

User Info Menu

The middle of April is the start of the so called slow season. I have stayed at the Firefly Beach Cottages 7 times now. It is right in the middle of the 7 mile beach and has cabins that are very reasonable all the way up to a penthouse overlooking the Caribbean that is somewhat pricey, and everything in between. It is one of many reasonable choices on the beach, and everybody seems to have their favorites.

Check out the listings on www.negril.com and you can see where the locations of the different properties are - enjoy!

User Info Menu

http://negrilonestop.com/
    You can check out the locations and look at the vid feed to see if you might like it.
    Last edited by x l ent; 01-15-2012 at 08:27 PM.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

User Info Menu

boardie party is the last Friday in April..............

to save money stay on the beach road versus the beach........
    to save even more money......stay on the Cliffs.......
    check out specials like at NegrilOneStop.com for that period..........
    SeaStar Inn might even some specials coming up for that period.....
    Coco LaPalm is a great place and should have specials then........
    just do your research and search and you'll find some steals and deals.......
    most specials on this board won't be showing up till March/April for that period
    so buy dem airplane tickets first.......and then pounce on the room deals when you see it

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Here are some of my thoughts (just opinion/my expereice)

...yes although low season there will be plenty of people around in April ....add your name to the thread APRIL ROLL CALL to see all the other Negril.com boardies that will be in Negril the same time as you. Welcome and ask any and all questions you have - we love to help.

Do you have a budget in mind? Negril offers all ranges of rooms from cheap/rustic (no AC, smaller rooms with just the basics, only cold water showers, for around $50-60US per night to fancy big resorts (Sandals, Beaches) that are all inclusive and many that are in between (you will get some good advice on everyone's favorites) I am a "cliffs" person so not much help with beach places but others will jump in.

Do you need all inclusive? (if you enjoying drinking a lot this may be a good bargain as all drinks are included) I have heard good things about Merrills. My fav beach AI is Grand Pineapple. With non-AI, there are many food choices from cheap (patties around $1US or local meals $5US appox); hotels usually have meals for $10-12US and there are TONS of great places to try all the way up to lobster by candlelight by the sea on the cliffs.

I would recommend researching some of the Negril 101 information to best prepare for your reach so it is safe and enjoyable. Welcome aboard - I hope you love Negril and Jamaican culture as much as we do.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

I am going for my 3rd time in a few weeks this will be our secound time staying at the White sands If you are not looking for high class. This place is nice clean and affordable at 69 a night and the people working there are great. It has a nice central location on the beach so easy walk to all things you might want to do. The Palms is really nice also but its location is not quite as good in my opinion. But it is really nice. I think its like 90 a night and has a nice pool area right on the beach.

User Info Menu

Hi everybody thanks for your input we are looking at rooms can anybody give us some details of this place

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by takinitslow View Post
    I am going for my 3rd time in a few weeks this will be our secound time staying at the White sands If you are not looking for high class. This place is nice clean and affordable at 69 a night and the people working there are great. It has a nice central location on the beach so easy walk to all things you might want to do. The Palms is really nice also but its location is not quite as good in my opinion. But it is really nice. I think its like 90 a night and has a nice pool area right on the beach.
    Just returned from the Palms, Pool dirty, leaking and never full, Beach What beach at 90 I would pass on Palms .