Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Going TO Jamaica Solo Again!

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about the shake-up in your plans, Copper! Something very similar happened to me this year (I reported it on this forum back in Nov.)....... it sucks when you think you've established a relationship that's gonna work, and you've put all that energy into it .... and then your "prince charming" lets his true side through, and it isn't so "charming" after all. But the good news is, you figured it out before it was too late, and YOU'RE GOING TO JAMAICA!!!!! Even if Jamaica IS for lovers, it's more fun going solo .... no one to tell you what to do or get impatient with you, and your schedule is yours and yours alone!! Consider doing a May Roll call on the forum and see who else is going to be in JA ... you might find some other travelers that want to do some exploring with you and share some costs ..... not that you'd hookup in the 'biblical' sense (I'd be wary of some of the behavior that some of the boardies boast about .... STDs are rampant in Caribbean), but could share a driver or gas, etc. And if I were going to spend time on the north coast .... it wouldn't be MoBay for an extended time..... but maybe something between MoBay and Ochie. Duncans has a nice little retreat call Silver Sands, and from there you could take in the Glistening Waters in Falmouth, the Green Grotto caves in Discovery Bay, maybe go for an excursion through Fern Gully near Ochie, and hit Nine Mile to pay respect to Bobby, eat breadfruit and roast yam at Scotchies ..... Then of course, there's Negril...home base .... and any of the south coast excursions that others have mentioned. You're gonna have a blast!!!

User Info Menu

Thank you so much Kritter! We really need to hear that when we"re going through and we can always use encouragement! I will keep that in mind, the places you recommend and put a awesome vacation together for myself!
    Live,Stay true to yourself, and Never Compromise for anything

User Info Menu

Hello boardies, ok I made a sound decision on upcoming vacation in May. I have been all over the place with this and now i've decided.
    I'm going to do somethg that I've been wanting to do for a while now and split my trip in ocho and stay at the Hibiscus Lodge Hotel and spend 4days there exploring and doing tours. Then spend the next 5 days at the Seastar Inn. Thank Markospoo the Coral Seas look great, but home for me in negril is the seastar I love it there i have to stick to why I fell in love in the first place.
    I am really looking frwd in trying somethg different this year ad I hope I really enjoy ocho. Thanks to all that help, and encourage and if any one has any info about ocho meaning must sees, foods, tours please let me know. I was going to do Mystic Mountain bobsled, river tubing, dunn river, atv tour, and I would love a blue mountain tour or just to see other parts of that side of the island. Trying somethg different in 2012, but must finish my trip in Negril my home. Thanks again Copper
    Live,Stay true to yourself, and Never Compromise for anything

User Info Menu

Copper, good choice!
    We did something similar in October, we stayed in Ochi for 3 days and then Negril for a week and we had a great time
    While in Ochi we did: A day tour to Port Antionio which included a stop at Somerset Falls, the Blue Lagoon, Frenchman's cove (we had lunch here) and then a rafting tour down the Rio Grande
    We also visited Luminous Lagoon / Glistening Waters in Falmouth one evening which was awesome
    and we spent a day at Mystic Mountain which was really cool (Highly recommend this place) we did the "Tranopy" which included all 3 attractions of the Sky Explorer, the Jamaican Bobsled and the zipline. They also have a really nice bar and restaurant and an infinity pool with a slide....you can spend the whole day there....so much fun

Have fun!

User Info Menu

Sounds wonderful! Let us know how it goes!
    Jamaica Bound!

User Info Menu

Get a Pink Hummingbird at the cliff bar at Hibiscus. It's a grotto halfway down the cliff and the seats are swings - beautiful and fun. Haven't had anybody duplicate it anywhere else, ridiculously good tropical fufu drink. Great choice for a foodie as well, The Almond Tree was excellent when I was there. One of the best meals I've ever had for the whole picture - quality food, great location - get a table by the rail on the overhang and you're dining OVER the ocean, wonderful ambiance, great service, the company wasn't too bad A table-side Caesar in the Caribbean Hibiscus also has one of the best gardens I've seen in Jamaica. Just an excellent choice I think - Have fun.
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?