Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone tried the pizza at Samsara? Price?

User Info Menu

Didn't have the pizza but our dinners were awesome! Took a Jamaican friend, the acid test, and he stated that his fish was superb!! Not yardie food but ours was excellent. A little upscale for us, but generally we have at least one dinner that is not yardie. Even the best of places can have an off night yet if we have two off nights...generally don't frequent the place again.
    Planning another dinner there late this month...I'll let you all know how it is.

User Info Menu

Right, Big Roy came with us and he loved his fish too.

User Info Menu

When I stayed at Samsara, the Ciao restaurant was not there yet, so I ate food from the restaurant. I made arrangements to have our meal delievered to my room (overlooking pool, second floor, great balcony), and I don't think they really had official room service and were just catering to me. I still remember how odd it was that the restaurant manager kept calling and asking for their platter back -- I think it was their only one!

User Info Menu

I remember when Ciao was the Sports Bar at SamSara, many years ago

User Info Menu

We had a bad experience with them (Ciao Jamaica) during a Pizza Delivery to some of our guests during our wedding trip in October. Two adults and 3 kids, they wanted to order a pizza for delivery, they placed the order and got the price but when the guy showed up the price was double what they had first been told. The father said, "No thank you If you arent prepared to give us the pizza for the price we were told, then we are not interested"
    The man then started shouting, and even threatening them to take the pizza and give him the money, until the security at the hotel stepped in and made the man leave.
    It wasn't a pleasant situation for anyone.

User Info Menu

that sounds bad, Marley. I wonder if it was a case of the delivery guy trying to get a cut of the action by doubling the price on his own and trying to force that price so he could put in his pocket.

User Info Menu

I figured that too maybe, plus off season, the storm had just hit, but I felt terrible for my guests to have to deal with that you know. I am a reasonable person and a very loyal customer and I have worked in customer service almost my entire life. It doesn't take a whole lot to make me happy, but similarly, it doesn't take too many times or too much negative to make me unhappy either, and that was just wrong!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    I know this has been a "labor of love" from the very beginning for Maurice & Sabrina, look forward to experiencing it for myself.
    They(Maurice & Sabrina) need to get their nephew Danny back. He was a great manager.
    How much further? Oh, just around the bend.
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PLFA4931216CEBD1FA

User Info Menu

Unless you're from Canada or like hockey, Danny has no use for you!

User Info Menu