Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: killer dinner out

User Info Menu

killer dinner out

Replying to copper350's solo trip thread got me thinking about great dinners in Jamaica. I've enjoyed a few at Almond Tree in Ocho, Xtabi, Pickled Parrot and Tree House in Negril but it's been several years since I've been there and want to get some feedback. If you were going to recommend one place to a foodie for the best total package restaurant (gourmet food, location, ambiance, service) where would it be and what would you budget?
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

Rock House and LTU come to mind. Not budget but Nice. Bring money...
    Last edited by HuskerJohn; 01-18-2012 at 04:06 PM.
    Feb.1 - 16 Xtabi

[https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Ivan's at sunset.

User Info Menu

Sigh......every time someone mentions Pickled Parrot I sigh. Gosh I miss that place

Anyways, I would definitely recommend Ivan's at Catcha (absolutely everything is delicious)

After that I would say
    Rockhouse (I really like there pineapple chicken and just about any dessert and frozen drink)
    Pushcart (peppered shrimp and jerk sausage were our favorites, plus they have the best rice and peas IMO and the best Pina Coladas)
    LTU (pumpkin soup and Chicken Lola) Yum!

User Info Menu

Ivans or LTU on the West End or Kuyaba on the beach.

User Info Menu

as far as a killer meal.......nuthin better than Chicken Lavish........

as far as a romantic meal........nuthin better than Ivans at sunset......

as far a fantastic vibe at dinner........nuthin better than LTU at sunset

as far as a private dinner cooked to order meal.......nuthin better than Bentley Crab House......
    and him cooks more than just Crab.....he's got Snapper, Brown Stew Chicken and anything else you want.......

as far as a unique dinner experience.......Ted's Hideaway at Blue Cave Castle..........

as far as your Cheers neighborhood experience.........nuthin better than SeaStar Inn........

as far as checkered tablecloth kind of experience.......nuthin better than Three Dives at Sunset

as far as a cheap great meal........Fatties on the beach road

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

well done Marko (clap, clap) - truly the King of lists

User Info Menu

You nailed it pretty well with those suggestions Marko!

User Info Menu

hehehe... Marko knows...
    Feb.1 - 16 Xtabi

[https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Only thing Marko will add after his next trip is Sunset after Dark for the loaded burger!
    Trip #59 most of February