Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just arrived home fun holiday = f@#k holiday

User Info Menu

Just arrived home fun holiday = f@#k holiday

GREAT 8 DAYS WITH BUMP AT THE START. NOW I KNOW WHY I COULDN'T SLEEP MY LAST SLEEP.

Had confirmation number with e-mail from Nicole at Fun Holiday upon arrival was told no rooms over booked,
    was sent to the Palms. Was told by Vern aka Bill aka Vernon " Don't feel bad your 1 of 6. I'll be back later with a trip report. Limo mon

User Info Menu

What a shame the palms looks really nice though how did you find it? I could manage either of those two places!

User Info Menu

Love that end of the beach ........... less hassles, quiet, wider beach, Ossie's Jerk Shack across the street, etc.................. stop next door at Lena Inn Ting for a great breakfast ..............

User Info Menu

That's too bad! Agree with Captain Oil, though. Prefer that end of the beach.
    Last edited by Maryann; 01-20-2012 at 10:33 AM.

User Info Menu

So you got bounced for the duration of your trip or just a day or two?

In a weird sort of way, this could be interesting because we have not heard from reviews about the Palms ....

User Info Menu

well mi not surprised by this and sounds like Fun Holiday still has the same management.....
    as the biggest knock against Fun Holiday on here for years has been their overbooking.........
    and it's one of the few wi ever hear about in Negril where they actually move you to a different hotel upon arrival.....
    though personally mi would think the Palms is a step up........so there is a silver lining to all this......
    and you probably were booked there for your entire stay........
    hopefully it worked out for the best........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Last edited by Marko; 01-20-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

oh boy-we are booked there from April 7-14. I guess we will just let the chips fall as they may~am excited to hear your trip report

User Info Menu

i have an email thread between Nicole and I that is actually quite funny -- I inform her of her hotel's rate on various sites and ask her to match it, and she keeps coming down 10 dollars but won't match the rate I can get at HER hotel with the push of a button .... It's actually quite funny, though unintentionally so on Fun Holiday's part ....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    i have an email thread between Nicole and I that is actually quite funny -- I inform her of her hotel's rate on various sites and ask her to match it, and she keeps coming down 10 dollars but won't match the rate I can get at HER hotel with the push of a button .... It's actually quite funny, though unintentionally so on Fun Holiday's part ....
    FWIW, FH agreed to match a RIDICULOUSLY low AI price that we were quoted on BookIt. We ended up at Kuyaba(Tam's call, not mine), though.

Even if you got one of the unrehabbed old rooms at the Palms...you are ahead of FH, in my book...

And, in general, I do not understand why a hotel won't match a booking site's price. The hotel has to pay a commission to the booking site, so they are ahead of the game by simply matching the price. Also, I don't understand why a hotel won't split the travel agent's commission(10percent) with you if you book direct with the hotel. Its poor business practices and is simply cutting off their nose to spite their face.....
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

ya, i forwarded the links to two hotel sites in which i could get a room for a total cost of 66 with all taxes and charges, and Nicole would not budge. She said 100, then 90, then 80 but not 66 ....