Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Budget Conscious Tours and other things to do?

User Info Menu

Budget Conscious Tours and other things to do?

Does anyone know of any budget friendly tours or other fun things fun things to do while in negril?

even though this is my 3rd trip, i've never done a single tour and i want this trip to be different, mostly because i promised my travel buddy that we would do more than sit on the beach for 7 days (which is something i'm fine with)..

also any restaurant ideas? he came up with the idea of not eating at the same restaurant more than once.

User Info Menu

You may want to combine several things in one day...its makes for a long day BUT you do and see a lot on one transportation cost....Clive has a decent price on the Appleton Rum factory, YS falls and Black River combo.

You can also visit Roaring River hook up with Dr Scott (i have his number if you need it) since it's so close you shouldn't pay much for transportation

also Royal Palm Reserve is close by and makes a nice afternoon outing

If all else fails just swing by the lighthouse, drop by the hammock park on the far west end, stop by the bar across from Catcha Gardens (the one on the edge of the sea)....then stop by Rick's

Eating.....sooo many choices

Ivan's
    Kuyaba
    Cool Spot
    Sips n Bits
    3 Dives
    De Bar
    Just Natural
    Cosmos's
    Jerk from a Barrel
    Ossie's
    Fattie's
    Moma Flo's
    Rayon (best banana pancakes)
    Sunbeach
    LTU
    Push Cart
    Juicy J's
    Pilot's Cafe

User Info Menu

If I could pick a single tour only, it would be either YS Falls or Mayfield falls (probably Mayfield Falls). Both are spectacular experiences for unique reasons which I won't go into here. Search previous threads as there are great discussions on these trips. Also plenty, plenty, plenty of existing GREAT threads on restaurants.

PM me and I'll email you a spreadsheet I put together.

User Info Menu

Head out to half moon. It's a beach also in it's own cove with a restaurant and bar. Great guy runs the place and has two great dogs if you are an animal person. No higglers here either. It's about 15 minutes from 7 mile.

User Info Menu

I can't speak from experience as I'm just nearing my first trip to Negril but Peter Tosh's Crypt, from what I understand. is not too far from the west end. The entrance cost is only a few bucks and I doubt transportation costs would be all that much since it's not far. It doesn't seem like there's much to do there but if your a Tosh fan, it something to do that won't take up a whole day and at little cost. Maybe someone else can add some information. I haven't seen or read much about this and I'm not sure why.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

Mayfield Falls.........close to Negril and only $10US to get in........
    ask around for drivers........ or check out the package tours that will take you there.......

another idea if you guys are good scooter people.......
    rent one for the day for $25 and go up into Orange Hill etc

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Isn't Peter Tosh's crypt near Belmont? That's about a 45 minute drive from Negril, right?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rastagirl777 View Post
    Isn't Peter Tosh's crypt near Belmont? That's about a 45 minute drive from Negril, right?
    I believe that is correct but I can't seem to be able to confirm that right now. There's so little information on the net about it. That's why I've given up and will ask around once I'm there if the mood strikes me.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rastagirl777 View Post

Yes, that is correct.

User Info Menu

Besides a tour, spend a day like I did and check out the Negril Lighthouse and Whoopie's Hammock Park.