Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food at SeaStar .... what are some of the best items?

User Info Menu

Food at SeaStar .... what are some of the best items?

I hear the food at Seastar is great, particularly the Saturday buffet, but I was also wondering about a few specific entrees (sorry, I am a Foodie): How is the jerk chicken? Is it comparable to some of the nearby barrel guys? Also, I love Lobster, and I'm assuming Seastar does a spectacular job, right? One more thing: do they use real fruit in their drinks at the bar, or mixers?

User Info Menu

I've never had a bad meal @ Sea Star!

Always fresh fruit in the Sea Star drinks - they do have the flavored liquors but fresh is 1st!

My favorite meals there this trip - jerked chicken, thin crust pizza, chicken quesadilla, the 1/2 pound burger & perogies
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    [url=http://www.ticker.7910.org/eng]

The 1st time you travel to Negril, for the rest of your life, Negril travels with you.
    (taken from realnegril.com/beingees - Graffiti #13)

User Info Menu

the chicken looks amazing. that's a huge portion, like a whole bird for one order? Wow ....

User Info Menu

Nice pics Tawnee! I love photographing my food, it brings back the memory of the meal vividly!
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

The Pan fried red snapper is excellent.
    Soup is always great

User Info Menu

My family say the burgers are the best in the world.
    My favourite meal there last trip was a mahi mahi meal
    it was a huge salad for starter which was really nice with rice and peas large portion of mahi mahi(fish)
    and some crazily delicious sauce.I can not explain it , It was just lovely.
    We all enjoy all of the food there.I did try the jerk chicken there and it is lovely but to be honest I prefer it smoked on a Barrel.
    The drinks are made with fresh fruits
    and the cocktails are the best I have had so far.

User Info Menu

I forgot to add there was veggies with my mahi mahi meal.Then you all got me thinking with those pizza pictures because my son loves pizza so I went to the seastar menu which is online which I love.I think all hotels should have one online
    here it is:
    http://www.seastarinn.com/newmenu.html
    And I am drooling.
    I was laughing because they actually now have cheesy chips on there.That is what we call them in England.It is described as a canadian dish of fries with cheese and gravy $6.Think they are equivilent to about $3-4 dollars here but I will definately have a try of that.That is so funny to be able to get that in Jamaica.I also saw a few other nice things I will try this trip.
    For abot $11-$15 there was pot roast and a stewed chicken meal and a few other entrees.There is also some cocktails that are calling my name one was overproof rum mixed with black cherry or berry brandy YUM I will have to go back to drool over the menu now!
    The pizza seems a tad expensive but they say they do put a lot of cheese on and I do not know what the usual rate for pizza is over there.I used to buy my kids quite a decent sized one from legends for about $700 I think.
    I need to do a pizza hunt for my son!
    Well back to the seastar menu for me.If you have ever been there you start tasting it as you are reading!

User Info Menu

Wow I just seen they are now doing chicken chop suey too and at a great price.That is definately going on my list!Damn at this rate I will be planning my food too .Ha.

User Info Menu

Poutine , Mahi Mahi & Chop Suey
    I couldn't capture a good shot of the poutine - it had plenty of cheese & gravy!

Sea Star is very generous with their pizza toppings - tons of cheese and what ever else you request. Ask for it "extra crispy" - then the cheese is all golden & the crust is done to perfection!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    [url=http://www.ticker.7910.org/eng]

The 1st time you travel to Negril, for the rest of your life, Negril travels with you.
    (taken from realnegril.com/beingees - Graffiti #13)

User Info Menu

Oh yes very nice could eat all of those now!
    Wait until I tell the kids they have cheesy chips at Seastar
    And that pic of the chop suey is making me laugh.Inever saw it with rice and peas before only with egg fried rice!
    I am looking forward to these meals.You did a good job sampling and picture taking tawnee