Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘Life’s a Beach’ - or - AnD nOw FoR sOmEtHiNg CoMpLeTeLy DiFfErEnT -

User Info Menu

This is just too dam# funny! Lovin' every minute of it.
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

Loving your guy trip report, but I think we need another book!

User Info Menu

i think gals have more fun :-) lol

User Info Menu

Ya Wanna Trade Places?

Quote Originally Posted by Seveen View Post
    i think gals have more fun :-) lol
    Would love to hear some details Seveen! Girl style

Happy Birthday Bob!
    Yah Mon – thanks for the music and the lyrics . . . your music will live on forever.

Everywhere today I hear Bob’s music and people singing his songs.

What a rain we had last night – wow! But today was hot and clear. About mid-morning I found Fabs walking the beach in front of CoCo. He was just returning from walking Alabama back to Tree House. We decided to go into town to the Cambio (to re-stock) and pick up a few things at Value Master. We flagged a taxi at the White Sands gate and climbed in. The driver asked us where we were from.

“Canada,” Fabs answered.

“Ahh, me ‘ere dat Canada is very cool, mon. You very lucky to live in such a very beautiful country. Me would really like to go up dere someday,” the driver said.

“You really want to go up there?” Fabs asked.

“Yah, mon.”

“Okay then, I’ll make you a deal, for the next three months, until the end of April, I’ll trade places with you. I’ll take over your taxi and live in your house here in Negril, and you can go up and do my job, live in my house. Whad’yah say?”

The taxi driver looked at Fabs, but didn’t say anything.

“I’m serious,” Fabs continued, “You want to go up to Canada, here’s your chance. But I’m warning you, it’s colder than you can even imagine right now. You ever heard of penile frost bite?”

The driver winced, “No, Mon,” he replied, somewhat bewildered.

“Doesn’t matter,” Fabs said. “Okay, so the first thing you do when you get up to Canada is shovel out my driveway and sidewalk; there are shovels and ice-choppers in the garage. It will be the freezing cold and dark, but you'll have to dig out the driveway so you can get the car out of the garage so that you can go to work. Got It? And there’s gonna be a lot of snow and ice. Have you ever seen snow?”

“No, mon.” Fabs had his attention.

"Have you ever driven a car on glare ice?"

The driver shook his head.

“Okay, well you’ll have to learn quick because you'll be up to your arse in deep snow and ice. And the wind will be blowing a gale – that’s part of the deal too. I’ll stay here, where it’s warm and sunny, and drive people around in this taxi with the windows down and listen to reggae all day. For you back in Canada, it’ll be dark when you get up for work, and you’ll have to dress up in heavy clothes and gloves and big boots, and go into my office, five days a week, and sit in front of a computer all day long and go to boring meetings and talk to stupid people on the phone. Got it? And it’ll be dark when you come home too. How does that sound?”

“I doan know, mon.” The driver shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

“And the guy you’ll be working for is a complete arse-hole, always ordering you to do pointless stuff. And when you finish work, it will be windy and freezing and you have to get into a cold car and warm it up before you can drive away. And you’ll have to shovel more snow when you get back to my place just so you can get the car into the garage. So, do we have a deal?”

The driver smiled and shook his head, “No, mon. Me t’ink me stay ‘ere. Me doan like de cold.”

“Very, very good decision, brother,” Fabs said. “The grass isn’t always greener, you know what I mean?”

We picked up some cash and nibbles for the room.

The day that he arrived, Fabs met two young women on the shuttle from MoBay. He made arrangements to meet them at Rick’s for sunset, so tonight we’re headed up there. We like to visit Rick’s, but only once per trip, it’s just so kitschy and expensive, but there is always a good crowd and a convivial, party mood. We go early, around 4:00, so that we can get one of the tables in the shallow end of the pool. We like to sit there under the umbrella with our feet in the water and watch the evening develop – it offers an excellent vantage point.

Lay-tah!
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

seems fabs is your alter ego. Not sure why you are ridiculing over-weight women. The guys I am close to do not do this (as per your statement) and my girl friends do not evaluate men as they walk the beach. Your narratives are great, but I don't like the way that you weigh skin.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by irieworld View Post
    seems fabs is your alter ego. Not sure why you are ridiculing over-weight women. The guys I am close to do not do this (as per your statement) and my girl friends do not evaluate men as they walk the beach. Your narratives are great, but I don't like the way that you weigh skin.
    To each their own. It's his story and it is what it is. I personally don't like it when people nitpick people's travel reports. He did mention at the beginning that their would be guy talk, so you were forewarned.......
    Last edited by booger; 02-06-2012 at 04:12 PM.

User Info Menu

Not sure why you are ridiculing over-weight women. Your narratives are great, but I don't like the way that you weigh skin.
    I agree -- even though I have an Atlas body, ha ha ....

User Info Menu

Name:  thick.jpg
Views: 8071
Size:  23.6 KB

nuff said

User Info Menu

I think that's just the difference between (some) men and women. Would rather hang out with a fun short fat bald guy with a hairy back than someone like Fabs! Live and learn.
    Last edited by Maryann; 02-06-2012 at 05:15 PM.

User Info Menu

No Fabs is not my alter-ego (I don#t have one) Fabs is Fabs - yes, like it or not, there are men like Fabs who walk this earth . . . lots of them.
    As for 'ridiculing' over-weight women - I'm not. You made a big assumption there and took a big jump. I love all types of women, skinny, middlin' and over weight. I think the women in the poster that Brasi posted are totally bodacious! I'm writing 'unfiltered' - and I did warn you, I accept that you don't like what I write, and I am okay with it. (FYI - it was a bit difficult for me to post the part that I think upset you - I had to talk myself into it, but I'm not apologizing)

To be clear, Fabs is not my alter ego, he is my friend - this is me. . . .

Name:  DSC02344.jpg
Views: 7940
Size:  86.5 KB

As for blatant female objectification . . . . .how about this??

Name:  Slam.jpg
Views: 7821
Size:  51.5 KB

And this??

Name:  DSC02281.jpg
Views: 7666
Size:  94.7 KB
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'