Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘Life’s a Beach’ - or - AnD nOw FoR sOmEtHiNg CoMpLeTeLy DiFfErEnT -

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna3 View Post
    Maybe I’m picky, but there is nothing like laying your head to rest on a Goldilocks pillow, and the one I’m bringing is ‘juuust right’.
    Too funny - my boyfriend won't travel anywhere without his pillows! We have to lug those damn things all over the globe with us! In his defense, he does have a lot of neck problems, but I, personally, will not trade precious suitcase space to bring a pillow or two!

User Info Menu

This report is going to be GOOD!!!

User Info Menu

LOL. Oh, the stories you will be able to tell after this reach.....

User Info Menu

This is a great pretrip report. I'm looking forward to you actually getting to Negril!

User Info Menu

Late arrival - 1st impressions

Why are the good looking flight attendants always in the business class cabin? Isn’t that a blatant example of female objectification? I got busted twice checking out a tall, black haired beauty on the flight down . . . so much for stealth lechery.

There was an ENORMOUS line up at Customs. We arrived shortly after a Virgin 747-400 and the customs hall was clogged. But all went well and I was out in the taxi area without too much delay. I’d booked Clive’s and was met by his Greeter. He apologized, saying that Clive would be late, as there had been some unforeseen delays. OK – so I got a Red Stripe and chilled.

Here’s something I don’t understand – how is it that the first sip of the first Red Stripe of the trip is like a draft of heavenly ambrosia? OMG it was so good. The second sip isn’t as good and the third pales in comparison. Why is that? I’m sure it must be psychosomatic.

So I sipped on my Stripe and waited – taking in the hubbub of the Red Caps, and the taxis and buses coming and going. The harried, newly arrived. Then I got another beer; Clive wasn’t there yet. Midway through my 3rd Stripe the Man arrived. He was profusely apologetic. He loaded my heavy bags and we were on our way – 40 minutes late. But I really didn’t care – I had arrived in Jamaica – no problem, mon. Clive and I had a good chat on our way to Negril. It turned out the reason for his tardiness was somewhat out of his control. He had planned to pick up a woman in Negril and bring her to MoBay, then pick me up. He said the timing was good – that is, until he arrived at The Tree House to pick up his fare. She was otherwise occupied – seems she wanted to spend more time with her Renta. She made Clive wait and wait – he said he almost left her there, but finally she emerged and got into his van. That’s why he was late picking me up. Oh well – I would’ve left her there, the inconsiderate b%t&h.

I got to White Sands at 8:30pm. Francis greeted me and we talked hockey for a while. In my room, I quickly dug my shorts, sandals and tank top out of my bag.
    Then I set off for the beach. I’ll be brief here because it’s getting late.

Sandy Haven is not open yet – still dark and fenced in.

Myrna’s store has been re-arranged, it’s very spacious and Myrna is just a sweet as ever. They had to put a new engine on Red Stripe; Myrna told me “the old one blew up!” They had the boat up near the shore at Boat Bar – she told me they were welding the new engine onto the boat so that it wouldn’t be stolen – whuh!
    There was a concert at Roots – 15US or 1200J – I passed it up.

Stopped at Sunnyside talked to Robert – he is well and it was good to see him. There's a big party planned at Sunnyside tomorrow – I’m going.

There’s a new store just north of Roots called ‘Irie Needs’, it just opened – the building is new and spacious and bright – one of the owners is a beautiful, bright eyed Canadian girl – I got some plantain chips.

Called home on my laptop – used the Skype ‘call phone’ feature (not the video Skype). With this I don’t need a phone in Negril. I bought $14.00 of credits and with that I can use my laptop to call anywhere in North America at really, really cheap rates. I used to get a phone when here but I’d always leave it in my room, since I refuse to carry a phone with me. I hate cell phones; I actually don’t even own one.

I know I’m gonna get behind on this report – my problem is I’m so long winded. But I will try to keep it in real time – I know how much I ‘need’ trip reports when I’m between trips – I’ll try . . . just don’t expect perfect, organized prose – I’ll be posting rough 1st drafts.

Plans for tomorrow morning include a long beach walk and a swim along the buoy line from White Sands to Sandy Haven.

I’m sitting on the verandah here and the tree frogs are gleeping. A dog is barking in the distance. The moon has just set. It’s pleasantly cool. I’m so happy to finally be here.
    I’m tired and I’m going to bed to lay my head on my perfect pillow.

Likkle more . . .
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

Thanks for the glimpse-soon come!

User Info Menu

Ok so I am no writer and even worse typer, but now that I have a seatsale 8 day trip coming up soon, hope to accidentally run into the kahuna!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Sweet dreams Kahuna3...enjoy the day.

User Info Menu

Just finished Sunset Negril. I could NOT put it down! Great, great read! Looking forward to your trip report!

User Info Menu

Love this report! I'm just starting my second book also, Sunset in Negril
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)