Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: ‘Life’s a Beach’ - or - AnD nOw FoR sOmEtHiNg CoMpLeTeLy DiFfErEnT -

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Intro to Fabs

Hey Kimbo - see yah soon.
    PGW and Fredstripe - Yes – the photo was taken from Point Village, as it was called at the time, – I think it’s undergone a couple of name changes since then. My wife and I did go to Hedo for a week after our wedding guests departed ;>) - but that’s another story....

Mud – I definitely want to see your balloons this year – last year was awesome.

To ‘justchuck’ and others who have read my books – thank you.

I’ve started packing my bags for the trip – the ‘reward’ ticket that I’m travelling on allows for 2 bags with a total of 100 pounds between them. Sweet! I’m gonna use it all up. It’s not that I travel ‘heavy’, the clothes requirements for my trip I could put in my carry-on backpack. But it’s all the other crap that I gotta haul. Mostly books this time – and they are heavy.
    - I’m bringing four novels to read – thick ones –
    - I’ve got two hard cover novels that I will give to my brother when he gets there,
    - and then there’s about 20 copies of my novel that I’m bringing to give away to people I’m meeting there.
    - Add to that 4 tubes of sunscreen, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste,
    - 3 bars of soap, my laptop, a radio, skin lotion,
    - bug lotion (sand fleas feast on me), shaving stuff, protein powder and bars,
    - a couple of pairs of runners, mask and snorkel
    - a frother (for juice & protien), and a bunch of utensils – it adds up pretty quick.

Anyhow – I’m getting antsy. I spent 40 minutes this morning chipping ice from my front steps – we had freezing rain in Ottawa last night.

But back to the upcoming trip; I think guys should have regular ‘guy’ trips, just as women should have ‘women’ trips together. I believe these types of getaways are good for the soul. That’s why I’m looking forward to Fabs coming down. Our ‘guy’ time on the beach together always perks my soul up a bit.

So let me introduce you to Fabs. Fabs is short for Fabio; that’s his beach handle, not his real name. I introduced Fabs to Negril four years ago. During that first trip Fabs fell immediately in love with Negril, it was a natural fit for him. He had such a great time that the week after we got back home he was already planning for his next sojourn.

Of all the people who come down to Negril to hang with me, it’s Fabs that is at the center of the most bizarre occurrences. With Fabs there are always things that come up.

Here’s the background on Fabs: We became friends because we just started to hang out and became good friends – in fact, we became confidants. I talked so much about Negril that it was inevitable someday Fabs would make the trip to Jamaica with me.

Besides being a not-bad athlete, Fabs is also a pretty good lookin’ dude. Frankly, he’s a ladies man, a stud-muffin, a chick magnet, a true life lothario. Fabs is one of those lucky guys who is genetically blessed. He’s tall with broad shoulders. He has big hands and size 14 feet (curiously, women seem to find that significant). Fabs works out – he has abs. He has longish hair, an insouciant, devil-may-care smile, and he’s a charmer.

Which is great for him, but it kind of sucks for me. Understand? Not that I’m an ogre or anything like that, but I’m no George Clooney either. So it’s Fabs that gets noticed when we are hanging out together; the women literally hurl themselves at him – and I’m not just talking Negril here, it’s everywhere. It’s like women instinctively want to mate with him - like they want to bear his children or something. It’s a bit disturbing to watch, actually. Women are drawn to Fabs like moths to a flame. I am a mere pinprick of light that all but disappears in the fierce glow of Fabs’ million candle-power lime-light.

But I’ve adapted. I sit back and watch Fabs do his thing. I wait until he makes the 1st draft pick, then I’ll talk to the rejects, try to console them a little, maybe commiserate.

But don’t get me wrong, I’m not playing the same game as Fabs. He’s single and is always looking to score. I hang out with him, so I’m frequently in situations where we are talking to women. But I’m not what you’d call ‘a player’. I’ll be straight up with you – I love women. So I’ll chat with the ladies, buy them a drink or two, have a few laughs, compliment them on their outfits or hair, try to make them smile – because I love it when a woman smiles. But I’m not out to hook up with anyone. Nah. And if I should accidently put out the wrong vibe and mislead someone, well - to use an old fishing term – I’m a ‘catch-and-release’ guy - that’s how it is. I play the game just for the fun of it, for the sport, you might say. I’m older than Fabs, been around the block a few times and I’ve ploughed my share of fertile ground . . . so I guess I just want to prove to myself that I’ve still got it, or at least some of it (maybe just a little?) – yes, pathetic, but true. And, as you already know, I’m a married man.

Here is a photo from last year – my wife and I and some friends enjoying the sunset.

Name:  Sunset Friends.jpg
Views: 4189
Size:  47.1 KB
    Last edited by Kahuna3; 02-01-2012 at 06:54 PM.
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'