Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best and Worst experience with a vendor

User Info Menu

Nice thread....I couldn't help but notice that there few no "worst" stories... I guess that's why we love JA!

I can't think of a good personal Negril vendor story, since it's been a few years since I've been...but....woohooo...10 more sleeps untill I get to re-visit paradise! Soon Come!

Last year in Mo-Bay, we re-visited a resort for only the 2nd time...with 2 years between visits... 2 of the beach vendors remembered us, with a story of our previous meeting. Wow, how many millions of folks do they see every year and how is that even possible?? Always freaks me out when remembered by someone in JA from a previous visit.

User Info Menu

hey gailco- r u comming to negril- if so be sure and stop by the fun holiday and say hi
    Woman! Wake me when its time to go! Ouch!!
    Ok Sweety would you like me to set the alarm so we dont miss our flight-

I love you buttercup lol

User Info Menu

"Upon our return home, my wife snagged the bracelet and broke it."

Most places, that would void the warranty :-)

User Info Menu

so...you want a worst story? Offered a special lobster dinner from a jerk chicken guy on the cliffs......resulted in eosonophilic meningitis....got back to states quickly...in a wheelchair; ten days in hospital; continue to have symptoms of neuropathy.....and before you ask how do I know......I know...because my wife and had the lobster and she came down with slight symptoms that fortunately went away.....

User Info Menu

I avoid businesses that are ran by non Jamicans and if I have any questions I ask my driver. Im sure it's not full proof but I try my best.

User Info Menu

Last March the Mrs.and I were staying at Seawind.We were in the beachouse[right on the beach]The first night we start heading down the beach and run into a guy selling...whatever we want.WE talked far a while,and i tell him no thanks maybe later...no problem.After a couple hours at for Real walking back we run into him again.He's holding his arm,with a wet towel around it.He tells me he fell off his bike and he appears to be in a great deal of pain.He's still selling ...whatever,and again we talk for a while but i'm still not buying.This guy seems to really be hurting,so...we're like 100 ft from my room,so I tell him hang on a minute,I'll be right back.[quick note, this trip is to celebrate my recovery from Nov. heart surgery, i've got my own medication,heart stuff but also pain stuff[percs].So I return with a couple of pain pills for the guy with a warning about being careful after he takes them.The next day,I run into the guy again,I'm in a little hut useing a guys laptop and in he walks.You would think I saved this guys life.He's telling everyone I'm the guy that gave him the medicine,his eyes are huge and he asks me what that stuff was.I now have 15 new friends, everytime I see any of these guys,they're knuckle knocking me,grinning treating me like family.The rest of my stay anytime we saw any of these guys we talked,all these guys were asking me if they could do anything for us but no one tried to sell me anything. We're coming back again in March,I'm confident that I've got some good friends on that stretch of beach.

User Info Menu

Hey Newfiesub, We may just do that!
    Respect,

Gail

User Info Menu

One of my few and worst Jamaican vendor experiences was on my first visits to Jamaica. I was travelling on a mini bus out of Ocho Rios bus park with a Jamaican female friend, We had to wait a little untill the bus filled up so I reckoned to just chill and buy a beer and juice from one of the many vendors, The beer was HOT as in not cold at all. I said to the vendor that I didnt want it,
    A huge drama ensued, Where many people joined in on the incident I took the good advice of my Jamaican friend and paid up and shut up.
    it was my own niave mistake for not testing/feeling the tempeature of the bottle by holding it before the vendor had opened it. Plus once the beer was opened the vendor could not sell it to another customer . I bit my tongue paid the price and learned from my little mistake,
    If I fancy a cold beer I always handle it to see if it is the one for me.
    Cold and nice Red Stripe.

I have only ever had one or two bad experiences with vendors.

User Info Menu

porridge man at the taxi station

i'd like to give a compliment to the young guy who sells porridge in the morning at the taxi station whgich is next to the police station.
    he is just a pleasure to deal with.

User Info Menu

I had a roadside cafe owner chase me down with a machette........thats is how I got my nick-name "Rambo"...I was so" silly" I laughted at the guy..........some likkle pickneys said "he like Rambo", no afraid"........lol

read the whole story in our blog, its funny
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning