Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mega mart ???

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Mega mart ???

Would anyone know if Mega Mart accepts foreign credit cards.

Thank you ...

User Info Menu

If you mean by "foreign", US Bank issued cards ............. yes

I can not speak for other "foreign" such as Euro issued cards.

User Info Menu

Is Mega Mart a "safe" place to use credit cards? I've gotten the impression that cards have been compromised at many restaurants & smaller businesses.
    Anyone experience any problems with using their credit card at airport businesses?

User Info Menu

A Mastercard is a Mastercard, Visa a Visa no matter what country you are in so if Mega Mart takes your type of card you should be ok.
    I have used my cc and bank debit card at the Airport shops and have had no problems. It seems like most of the problems people have had seem to be with the smaller establishments where the server takes the cc in the back to run it through.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    Is Mega Mart a "safe" place to use credit cards? I've gotten the impression that cards have been compromised at many restaurants & smaller businesses.
    Anyone experience any problems with using their credit card at airport businesses?
    dem run your credit card thru the machine and then the cashier has you sign the receipt........
    then the cashier has to go see the Supervisor/Manager for the okay.....
    so mi would say that we are in good shape in MegaMart...........
    of course if mi have any problems mi will say sumthin........as mi only used mi CC at MegaMart

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I used a $100 travellers check the first time we stopped there and wouldn't do that again. They asked me to write our address and phone number on the back which I did besides showing my passport for ID. After we returned to the US we were barraged with calls, 1st from a woman asking us to send her $100 because the bank refused the TC. I asked her to have the manager call me but she would call back during the days harassing my wife. Instea of a manager, a fairly rude man started calling with insults, no manager ever called, I asked the man to send me the unaccepted TC and I'd send him $100 but of course he had nothing other than my contact info and insults which stopped after maybe a month.

Our bank, Chase, will charge 3% to convert any purchases billed in J's to US$ so I only use cash at Megamart now and my CC at places (I trust) that bill in US$.

User Info Menu

So if CC is iffy and TC are iffy and the exchange rate at airport is poor, where is best place to get cash to spend at mega mart?

User Info Menu

Bring Travelers checks and stop at the FX Trader Cambio on the hip strip and cash what you need for shopping. There is also an FX Trader inside the Hi-Lo in Negril. I've used them for years and never had an issue.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rasthai View Post
    So if CC is iffy and TC are iffy and the exchange rate at airport is poor, where is best place to get cash to spend at mega mart?
    No one said CC are iffy at MegaMart............ used them there many time with no issues .............. also if there is fraud on your CC, you are not responsibile for any of the charges ................. I have had my CC compromised here in the good old USA a few times but NEVER in Jamaica

User Info Menu

Captain that is true, just never have used cc in Jamaica and heard some stories of course, but using cc at mega wld make it easier. Just lookin fwd to stocking up on the goodies and being ready for the good times to follow. Thanks