Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unlock my Blackberry

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Unlock my Blackberry "Help

Has anyone unblocked a Canadain blackeberry in Negril.

Thanks Lance
    Last edited by jamaicamarylance; 02-03-2012 at 08:31 PM. Reason: "Help"Unlock my Blackberry

User Info Menu

I just unlocked my own BB,got code on line for 15.00 us and it worked fine.Going to use it next week in JA.

User Info Menu

there are a bunch of places that have signs for cell phone repair and unlocking.. not sure - they can probably do it - but - i would do it myself as well - that way you know it is ready to go when you get there. you could spend a bunch of vacation time screwin with it when you could be having fun.. and they are generally easy to unlock.. just search on google for blackberry (insert model # here) unlocking. you will find what you need.

User Info Menu

Still trying to decide if I should bring my BB or just buy a cheap cell when I'm there. Only reason I'm concerned is what I've read about not being flashy, I don't want having it to make me a target of any kind, but I want to be able to use my phone in public if I need to. Anyone here regularly use a BB in Negril?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cdn_79 View Post
    Still trying to decide if I should bring my BB or just buy a cheap cell when I'm there. Only reason I'm concerned is what I've read about not being flashy, I don't want having it to make me a target of any kind, but I want to be able to use my phone in public if I need to. Anyone here regularly use a BB in Negril?
    Tons of Jamaicans use Crackberry's. No worries at all.

User Info Menu

I hope its not my friends that was stolen on January 29th.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    Tons of Jamaicans use Crackberry's. No worries at all.
    I've read that, and I've also read it can make you a target. My cousin's iPhone was stolen last yr in Mo Bay, but it was in his hotel room (not in the safe though-they've learned their lesson). I'm trying to strike a balance between being paranoid and realistic

User Info Menu

Hi Lance, I don't know if this is too late to help you or not (but it may help someone else too). I've decided to bring my BB to Jamaica (instead of my laptop because I don't want to lug it around and worry about it). I just used this guy http://www.theblackberryguy.ca/ to unlock mine.
    He has a few different options on his site, however I searched on eBay for unlock codes and got one from him for only $0.99! And it worked almost instantly, I had one little problem which was totally my fault because I missed the part where it says to not include any spaces or periods when I entered in the IMEI #, but he was VERY helpful and it was unlocked in minutes. So easy, and cheap!

User Info Menu

I have had my smart phone unlocked here in Calgary and if fine. I could be careful though buying codes over the internet because some on unlock for a short time and others can lock up your phone permanently.If you like your phone I would take it to a licensed place. It only cost me 30.00

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beccajean_ca View Post
    If you like your phone I would take it to a licensed place. It only cost me 30.00
    I just got a new smart phone and was advised by Bell to take it to a licensed place here. I was told they would charge about $30 also.
    Irie Sue