Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clives or JUTA..?

User Info Menu

Clives or JUTA..?

now that i've booked my trip.. clives or juta for transportation.. previously I've had family members come pick me up.. but i don't want to hassle them. I've read great thingss about clives but JUTA has a great price... what has your experience been with either of these transporters?

User Info Menu

We decided to try juta on our last trip in Jan because of the price and it went great. We didn't even wait 15 min and the bus only had one other couple when we left so total of 4. Just be sure and call the day before you leave Negril so you can confirm pick up.

User Info Menu

Clives was $30 each way...great service...10 minutes after clearing customs we were on the road.

JUTA has been great, but two reaches ago I was stuck in the parking lot at Sangster waiting for a bus to fill up for more than an hour. Then we made stops etc...with a full bus I don't like the stops...and I hate waiting...

User Info Menu

I always do JUTA because it's super cheap and I have never had to wait long. Reserve online before you leave to JA and print out the confirmation they send. You pay when you get there...or last time I paid the driver when he dropped me at the hotel...then like the above poster mentioned, just call the day before you leave to make sure they have you down for the ride back.
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

used both...JUTA is the least expensive by quite a bit now....Clives is $30 shared now.....use to be $20 shared
    Clives will make stops and be der to pick you up........much faster than JUTA to get to Negril........
    even a shared ride with Clives can turn into a private ride.......most of da time
    JUTA is less money but dem wait to fill up the vans.......before they leave the airport.......
    plus JUTA will probably only make one stop for bathroom/cold drinks........
    then they need to drop customers off at the different hotels.......
    plus JUTA seems to pick you way earlier for going to the airport than Clives cause of all their pickups.......
    Clives usually do anything you want....stop at MegaMart, Cambio's, Bigga's, HiLo, etc etc
    so you gotta weigh the difference if the savings with JUTA is worth it.......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

clives the best

Would only use Clive. A few stops, ur n JA no problem.

User Info Menu

I would go for Clives, I used them last reach

User Info Menu

I use Tim Air when I come in..cause I just want to get here (Westend resort) & use Clives going back. This year Tim Air didn't wait for me (after 20 years of using them) cause the other couple wanted to go...wasn't happy about that!! So I dialed up Clive & he had a driver there in 10mins. & we were on the road (solo) at $30...can't beat that service!!!!

User Info Menu

my flight lands at 9:27AM do you think that will help or hurt the amount of time i have to wait for either one to depart?

User Info Menu

If your flight is getting in that early i would go with Clives..I have taken Juta before coming in on a early fligtht..I mean if you want to just want then fine if NOT Clives is the way to go!!!