Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bentley's

User Info Menu

Marko, sorry to hear that Terry passed away. Did Barbara say if she was going to stay in Jamaica or head up to family in the States? Who was taking care of Angela while she was gone? I always wondered what would happen to Angela when they passed. We went up to see them a coule of times since that 2007 trip.

Regards,

Bob

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rjonsun View Post
    Marko, sorry to hear that Terry passed away. Did Barbara say if she was going to stay in Jamaica or head up to family in the States? Who was taking care of Angela while she was gone? I always wondered what would happen to Angela when they passed. We went up to see them a coule of times since that 2007 trip.

Regards,

Bob
    Miss Barbara said she was staying in Jamaica.......
    didn't ask about Angela.........Bentley probably knows.......
    Barbara is very vibrant lady for her age........it was so great to see her again

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    It's a brown sauce. Bentley says he is sworn to secrecy about the ingredients ... But the crabcakes with the sauce is like kissing god.
    Is it as good as remoulade sauce?

User Info Menu

This is a place that I want to visit this reach...Hmmm can't wait!

User Info Menu

I am a Maryland girl and I cook some mean crab dishes!!! Mot trying to toot my own horn here but my crab dip is legendary among friends. I am so interested in trying Bentley's...I have been for years, it has always been on my list but I have yet to go there. I will make a point to do it this trip (next month). I would LOVE to bring some Maryland crab meat and cook Bentley a dish...that would be so cool!!!
    I wonder what the Jamaican blue crab is like in comparison to the Maryland blue crab....does anyone know???

User Info Menu

Where is he?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tfw73 View Post
    Marko might have the answer on this one, as to what the secret sauce is from Bentley's. I think it's sweet and tangy, but that's about it. I was always too stoned to analyze it.

User Info Menu

mi wouldn't really say it's like a remoulade sauce which is usually made with mayonnaise......
    Bentley's is made with oil and jamaican spices and tomato's.....
    it's recipe that has been passed down quite a few generations.......
    it probably has garlic but know there aren't scotch bonnets hot peppers in it......or at least much in it
    remoulade sauce usually has cajun in it.......mi like Bentley's sauce more than remoulade
    remoulade sauce can be used for french fries and Bentley's can be use for french fries too.......
    mi have never really tasted anything like Bentley's magic sauce......it is very unique
    most of Bentley's food isn't really spicey unless you ask for it to be that way...........
    he has a new Barrel cooker for jerking chicken and pork and that can be spicey..........
    just let him know if you like your food spicey or not.........he aims to please

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

We should try this place together. Bentley sounds like a great guy, is it a good place to have a drink? If so, what time would be best? I was thinking come in one day for a drink, than place an order for the next nights dinner.

Awaiting our return to Negril, 07/01/12

User Info Menu

We first met Bentley down in front of Peewees. Stopped in his place later that afternoon for a beer. Gave him a 50% downpayment
    for dinner the next afternoon.
    I also have a shellfish allergy, and he said no problem mon. Wife had crabcakes and I had a boatload of snapper. Both were excellent,
    and he really is quite the B.S. man. He takes great pride in his food, and will show you a long list and pictures of devouted followers.
    It was the best meal we had in Jamaica. Took about 3 hours, watched the sunset has we dined. I think we spent 4500J, which included
    numerous red stripes.
    His place is a bit rustic, but dont be put off by that. Its well worth the meal.