Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bentley's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Bentley's

I am allergic to seafood but Bet isn't so we don't go to seafood type places often. After reading so many of you raving about Bentley's I did a Yahoo search and found a video of Bentley describing some of his dishes. It sounds like I would have sufficient options that do not include shellfish. Might even try gerryg's spaghetti, Crab-less of course. Not that it makes that big a difference but how are the prices?
    [http://daisypath.com]

User Info Menu

it's a private dinner experience so the prices are associated with that........
    he starts cooking around 2PM for dinner around 5:30PM or so..........
    prices for like brown stew chicken etc is around $1100J's.........
    fish dishes are around $1700J's........
    generally a entree will run from $1000J's to $2000J's.........
    the meals are huge and enuff for two people usually......
    he serves lunch and dinner.........breakfast if you beg him........lol
    give Bentley a call at 876-393-6768 and tell him what you want and ask what the price would be.......
    Bentley aims to please and them some..........
    everyone is always welcome to stop by during the day for a cold one..........
    nice vibe up der on the deck and great views......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

So that means - It is not a walk in sit down place. I need to call ahead to order the meal. and It is more suited for a larger party than a party of two.
    Is that correct?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LLAP View Post
    So that means - It is not a walk in sit down place.
    tru.........just to have a cold drink or two if showing up unannounced

I need to call ahead to order the meal?
    yes.....usually a day in advance

It is more suited for a larger party than a party of two.
    a meal can be for one person or a dozen.........doesn't matter on size

just call Bentley.....he can answer all your questions and then some.........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

There have been a couple comments about Bentley's being off the beaten path, not easily found, and even the taxi drivers don't know where it is.
    I am looking at the Negril Map and I see ELLA / PEE WEE LANE and under it in smaller type Bentley's Crabhouse with an arrow pointing to the lane. How far up the lane is Bentley's? (Bet is not into walking) Is ELLA / PEE WEE lane easy to spot?
    Being rustic what are the restroom options?
    Last edited by LLAP; 02-07-2012 at 12:35 PM.

User Info Menu

How far up the lane is Bentley's? (Bet is not into walking) Is ELLA / PEE WEE lane easy to spot?
    Being rustic what are the restroom options?
    100 yards up a paved lane and Bentley is on da right.......
    it's a much shorter walk than say walking from the start of SeaStar Lane to SeaStar Inn.....
    Ella Drive is on a sign post at the start of da lane......
    as you look up da lane from the West End Road......No Limit on da left......L&M Grocery on da right
    Yes down the stairs to the first floor him has a nice bathroom for customers to use........
    never heard anyone complain about the bathroom as Bentley keeps it very clean......
    the base of the building is actually concrete and the deck where you eat is wood.......
    so you have frosty ice cold beers, fantastic food, great company, great views and a nice bathroom.......lol
    and mi jealous of all the boardies that will eat der before mi next reach.......
    so take a lot of pics........especially of 3 Pound Lobsters.......lol

Cool Runnings, Marko

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone. It sounds perfect. I expect we'll stop in early one afternoon to make our reservations for the next evening.

User Info Menu

I've been there by myself and most of the time I have the deck to myself or a couple other people. Bentley is the Chef,owner,server,bartender,cashier,busser and ultimate maitre d. Great attentive service by a onsite owner. I like it that it takes awhile for the food ,as I talk to Bentley and relax on the deck. I've never called ahead, but if you have time constraints, I'm sure you can call and Bentley will prepare accordingly.It's like going to someones house and having a great meal. In fact , it is , Bentley lives there.And you can just drop in anytime.Super relaxed atmosphere.

User Info Menu

on point as usual shooter........

Cool Runnings, Marko

User Info Menu

Sounds like a good place.