Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bentley's

User Info Menu

Bentley's

I am allergic to seafood but Bet isn't so we don't go to seafood type places often. After reading so many of you raving about Bentley's I did a Yahoo search and found a video of Bentley describing some of his dishes. It sounds like I would have sufficient options that do not include shellfish. Might even try gerryg's spaghetti, Crab-less of course. Not that it makes that big a difference but how are the prices?
    [http://daisypath.com]

User Info Menu

it's a private dinner experience so the prices are associated with that........
    he starts cooking around 2PM for dinner around 5:30PM or so..........
    prices for like brown stew chicken etc is around $1100J's.........
    fish dishes are around $1700J's........
    generally a entree will run from $1000J's to $2000J's.........
    the meals are huge and enuff for two people usually......
    he serves lunch and dinner.........breakfast if you beg him........lol
    give Bentley a call at 876-393-6768 and tell him what you want and ask what the price would be.......
    Bentley aims to please and them some..........
    everyone is always welcome to stop by during the day for a cold one..........
    nice vibe up der on the deck and great views......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

So that means - It is not a walk in sit down place. I need to call ahead to order the meal. and It is more suited for a larger party than a party of two.
    Is that correct?
    [http://daisypath.com]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LLAP View Post
    So that means - It is not a walk in sit down place.
    tru.........just to have a cold drink or two if showing up unannounced

I need to call ahead to order the meal?
    yes.....usually a day in advance

It is more suited for a larger party than a party of two.
    a meal can be for one person or a dozen.........doesn't matter on size

just call Bentley.....he can answer all your questions and then some.........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I've been there by myself and most of the time I have the deck to myself or a couple other people. Bentley is the Chef,owner,server,bartender,cashier,busser and ultimate maitre d. Great attentive service by a onsite owner. I like it that it takes awhile for the food ,as I talk to Bentley and relax on the deck. I've never called ahead, but if you have time constraints, I'm sure you can call and Bentley will prepare accordingly.It's like going to someones house and having a great meal. In fact , it is , Bentley lives there.And you can just drop in anytime.Super relaxed atmosphere.

User Info Menu

on point as usual shooter........

Cool Runnings, Marko

User Info Menu

Sounds like a good place.

User Info Menu

His place is always on my list and yet I have never made it there.
    I hope to definitely make it there on this next trip in April...I LOVE crab cakes, so I really need to pay Bentley a visit!

I love this board for so many reasons but one of the reasons is stuff like this. The Bentleys and Biggas (and on and on) of Jamaica get some promotion that they need. Just like the pub crawl and all the others that are bringing folks to these smaller less known places it makes me so happy. And you know how many times I have read or heard someone say "It was our best night (or experience) of our whole trip" I love that!!!!

User Info Menu

Photo of Bentley......he's quite a character.......listening to him is so entertaining...........

it takes your breath away how passionate Bentley is about his cooking and how he preps the food.......

the only thing Bentely is very quiet about is his magic sauce.....him doesn't want someone to copy it

believe it or not..he was actually born and raised right there at that location where the Crab House stands today....

Cool Runnings, Marko

User Info Menu

We went to Bentley's sans reservations.
    We were the only ones dining at that hour.
    He whipped up everything from scratch for us.

He told us when we come back, 5:30 is a better dining time because you get a view of the sunset (I think he was being subtle).
    It was our first time there and he treated us fantastically (of course we provided a floor show so that may have helped - Hoho!)
    The real joke was our watch was still on CST so we didn't get there until around 9 (certainly not our intent).
    Regardless, he couldn't have been a more gracious host.

The food was sublime.
    The service, well I can't say enough about his kindness or concern.
    Bentley is the consummate restaurateur.

These are the famous crabcakes
    Name:  IMG_0686(2).jpg
Views: 529
Size:  92.5 KB