Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mojitos

User Info Menu

$9US for a "flavored" Mojito? No thanks. $9 for a Mojito, in JA, no thanks. Flavored Mojito....that's just wrong...YMMV
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

monk where is the sunrise club? I love Caipirinhas. My ex brazilian boyfriend introduced me to that drink years ago--he pounded out the limes with a wooden pestle type thing--he put so much energy into making them and it was the most perfect drink I had ever had, in the summertime when it was hot and sultry in NYC. I had never had Cachaça before. Once in a while I go to a brazilian joint to have one.

User Info Menu

Well not being to modest! But I make a great Mojito!
    So if you are in Ja from Oct 30th to Nov. 6th come on by Ill make you One!!!!
    But kidding aside Aqua Makes a mean Mojito, being Cuban I should know! This is what happens after many MoJitos!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	agua after mofitos.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	1457
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scott and Janet View Post
    Well I do enjoy my rum.....
    Had some great Mojitos in Mo Bay at the Havana Club...great setting and Ambiance ....fantastic Drinks...Great cigars....and great friends.....What more could we ask for.
    that was another thing on my list i didn't get a chance to check out. i really hope the place is legit! so far have heard nothing but good things about it. seeing all the fakes in Jamaica is really disheartening.

a few years ago i thought i stumbled on a serious treasure, i saw a case of matusalem...and that ron had been discontinued in cuba nobody could get any and everyone wanted it...sadly i had to put my heart back into my chest as this turned out to be a puerto rican company using the name. maybe associated with bacardi i don't know, but I was crushed.

irie- sunrise club is down across by barb barn on the jungle side.
    "I beseech thee, my lord , let this venture be mine..."

-Sir Gawain

User Info Menu

if only we could get real ham in JA, i'd love nothing more than to toss back a few mojitos or caipirinhas, some cuban sandwiches or media noches, some espressos and cigars...the only thing missing are the sandwiches.
    "I beseech thee, my lord , let this venture be mine..."

-Sir Gawain

User Info Menu

RR...I agree...no flavorings should be added to a Mojito......it then does not become a Mojito....it a flavored "something else"....Stay traditional.....sort of like the traditional Daiquiri ..Its only Lime juice, sugar and rum...very simple and very delicious....no fruit added.

User Info Menu

I, too, went through a little sticker shock when I saw the $9 price tag ....

User Info Menu

yes, 9$ is expensive. There is a brazilian restaurant in the theater district in NYC that has 4 dollar caiphirinhas and Mojitos between 4 and 7. Love those happy hour deals.
    Last edited by irieworld; 05-25-2011 at 09:45 AM.

User Info Menu

9 Bucks a Mojito is New york prices... bring the wallet.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the suggestions, guess I'd better bring a "thick" wallet with.