Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mojitos

Sponsor

User Info Menu

We indulged at the Palms for our last night on the beach....we only had one drink each due to a baby in tow. The jazz band was setting up but we didn't get a chance to catch them. It was all good, and it didn't break the bank!

We had a full villa with kitchen for 10 days and saved money that way! Some people complain about the price of Red Stripe, so do what suits you...

Go and enjoy... You only live once!

User Info Menu

Personally, I don't mind paying "up" for a quality cocktail. Do enough budgeting on a daily basis & refuse to do that while on vacation.

User Info Menu

I'm Cuban too, although I've never lived there. I have traveled there, and of course those are the best mojitos I've ever had. However, I also had my share of crappy ones while there. I'll probably never get back to Cuba again so I see nothing wrong with enjoying them wherever I am, authentic or not. I also see nothing wrong with mixing in a different flavor to try something new. And yes, the drinks at The Palms were expensive, but have you seen the labor that goes into making one of those things?

I also make a pretty tasty mojito here in MD, even without access to hierba buena.

User Info Menu

Great Mojitos and Caipirinhas!

Thanks to all who mentioned our Mojitos. We also make wonderful Caipirinhas!

User Info Menu

now that is good news, Aqua! ever since Monk mentioned Caipirinhas in this thread, I have wanted one! I will check you guys out soon!

User Info Menu

good to know aqua!
    "I beseech thee, my lord , let this venture be mine..."

-Sir Gawain

User Info Menu

Yes, Ken and Liz...I will be ordering a Caipirinha next trip...what brand of Cachaça do you use......I really love a good one....of course when I am at Aqua I am usually sippin' your many fine rums.

User Info Menu

My Jamaican Mojito Recipe:

Appleton v/x or extra
    Agave syrup
    Fresh Mint

Muddle mint with crushed ice add syrup then add rum & shake it up, pour and enjoy.

User Info Menu

Cachaca

Hi, I have not tried the one at the bar right now but it is called Cachaca 51. Should be good.

User Info Menu

don't let it sit in a plastic cup lol...
    "I beseech thee, my lord , let this venture be mine..."

-Sir Gawain