Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big price increase lately in airlines fares to MB

User Info Menu

Big price increase lately in airlines fares to MB

Leaving one week from today and reserved our flights about 5 months ago....thank Jah!
    I had a reminder set on Fare Compare website and was shocked at what the price had increased too....same dates, mind you....over $400 higher per person.

Holy crap!!! Am I glad I grabbed the price we paid. I received the email from Fare Compare today...since I had not remembered to take out the dates after booking. I don't book our flights from FC, I use the airlines website. But the emails of price increases or decreases, comes in real handy.....Lesson learned...when price seems reasonable, BOOK IT!

User Info Menu

Actually, the price from Los Angeles is not too bad, still -- about $600 -- especially considering the price of gas. Oh, how I miss direct flights out of LAX.

User Info Menu

Pittsberg PA to MB ....booked last month,went up 100.00 now.Still not bad 526.00

User Info Menu

just looked for the tix for my trip in feb - same price if booked today as i got last feb.. but of course most all tix go up closer to take off..

User Info Menu

We booked in January from Newark - flights for two were originally $740.00 non-stop; went up to $800.00 when we booked and are now $2000.00 for two. Glad we booked when we did.
    Last edited by LoriB; 05-24-2011 at 06:52 PM.

User Info Menu

I booked my trips for June-July and for October because I was afraid if I didn't airfare would go up with the fuel prices, glad I did. But same as you guys, recieved
    a tracker email for Christmas flights up 92% ! Hope it's just too soon to book yet. If prices keep increasing this will affect JA in a bad way. Same as it's hitting us hard
    here in our everyday lives. If I still had children at home, wow, don't want to think about it.

User Info Menu

Remember when airfare in summer was cheap?

User Info Menu

Airlines have cut back on capacity and most flights are running more than 90% full any more. Add in higher fuel prices as well as the fact there will be even less competition between airlines with Continental and United merging, and we're going to be looking at higher prices from here on out. Yes, there will be the occasional low-cost sale, but like yetta said above - if you see a price you're comfortable with - jump on it!

User Info Menu

I booked in March for my trip this weekend--it appears that flights are about $200 (for round trip) more now.
    Last edited by irieworld; 05-24-2011 at 10:53 PM.

User Info Menu

My first trip was for $300 in '06, now I will be damn lucky if I can find one for less than twice that. Just got done looking at prices, and it will run me $688 if I booked today. damn.