Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: End of May?

User Info Menu

End of May?

Hey all, Im 26/m and am planning my first solo excursion to Jamaica.

Ive been looking up info for the past two weeks and found this site...Where would you recommend for a single guy? the cliff area, or the beach area. Im looking to stay in a non expensive hotel (is under 125night possible?) doesnt have too many kids or couples. I dont need an AI for food, I am from Guyana and am looking forward to having some great food, alot of our dishes are the same but the spices and ways of cooking food, make each part of the carribean unique in its own way. We do not have Jerk chicken in my country, and the little carribean that is here in nyc makes "OK" jerk chicken,but the meat here in america is different, and not as fresh as a chicken fresh from the source.

So im planning on going at the end of may 25-31 Is this a good time or should I choose august as that is my other time option.

User Info Menu

Welcome to the Board!

gone many times the end of May and that time of year is great..........
    the first weekend/week of August is ATI 3-6 and you might want to hit that if you into partying like most young people......
    sumtin like Barb B Barn on da beach would suit you.........or SeaStar Inn up on the Cliffs.........
    do your research on here and ask questions.........a lot of info on here.........
    don't be afraid to use the search function too........and go into the archives.........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

The first time I went solo, in 2000, I stayed at the Blue Cave Castle. Been staying there ever since and even got married there. Very reasonably priced. Chef Teddy is fantastic. Lots of cool spots within walking distance and even more just a quick taxi ride away.

Bless...
    Ed

User Info Menu

Welcome to the Board! You will have a great time whether you go in May or August. If you decide to go in early August, some dates to remember: August 1 is Emancipation Day (national holiday) and August 6 is Jamaica’s 50th Independence Day. The ATI weekend is August 3 to 6 – a fun time to go but be warned Negril will be packed (mostly with young 20-35 year old Jamaicans from all over the island who come to party .. and some hotels/resorts charge a premium rate for those dates.

My suggestions for you on the beach would be:
    BarBBarn
    Negril Tree House resort
    Donaldson’s Inn

All are right on the beach, Jamaican owned & operated, have both restaurants and bars on site; and the first two include breakfast. All have plenty of smaller bars, restaurants, etc nearby. There is lots to do entertainment wise on the beach at nite (llive reggae shows at Alfreds Ocean Palace, Roots Bamboo and Bourbon Beach; and the Jungle Nightclub is located on the beach road.

If you want to stay on the Cliffs, check out Xtabi cliffside rooms/cottages (great bar, restaurant, and lots of nearby shops, restaurants etc.

Enjoy!