Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: CocoLaPalm or Nirvana?

User Info Menu

CocoLaPalm or Nirvana?

We stayed at Idle Awhile in December and absolutely fell in love with Negril. It was our first time there. We loved Idle Awhile but there were a few nights that some loud music kept us up late and we usually go to bed early because we are such early risers. Also we did hear traffic noise too. Has anyone stayed in the oceanfront rooms at Idle Awhile that could tell us if it is more quieter at night? Are there any rooms in other resorts close by Idle Awhile that anyone has stayed in that did not have problems with noise at night, like CocoLaPalm, Nirvana, etc? We loved this location and everything about Negril. Out of all the places we have been this is now our favorite. We would appreciate any info anyone can give us because we are planning to return soon.

User Info Menu

I've stayed at Nirvana and only one night it was quite loud. There is the Wave park nearby and sometimes they have concerts in there. Otherwise its very peaceful. If you choose a villa on the beach you won't hear much traffic noice
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

We have stayed at both Nirvana & Coco recently. I loved both, but very different. Nirvana is very basic, private, rooms/suites closest to beach just wonderful! ("Owners" suite huge with full kitchen.) Coco is much larger, has pools & great hot tub, restaurants/bars on site. Staff at both are great. Both on best part of beach (all sand, beaches are "deep" - more sand between sea & bldgs).

User Info Menu

Coco is really nice. No matter where you stay you are going to hear the music noise. The closer places like Alfreds or Roots bamboo you stay the more you are going to hear because they have live music Tues, Wed, & Thurs. And its hard to get away from roadnoise unless you stay oceanfront. I just bring foam earplugs for sleeping. I think You would really love Coco. Soon Come