Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: My Trip Report.... That's Been Seven Years in the Making... Dreams Do Come True

User Info Menu

I love the stuff about what to include and what not to include. I think the "TRIP REPORT INCLUSION SCALE"...should be implemented at the start of each report. LOL...........1-10 rating system..........also based on the number of trips and the person's comfort level in Jamaica.

i.e. Trip 5, INCLUSION LEVEL 4. hahahaha

THE TRIP REPORT INCLUSION SCALE

1. A newbie report. Lots of pics of food plates, talk of Rick's Cafe, jerk chicken, and use of the word "wonderful." May or may not have actually gotten jiggy with the lifeguard but NO WAY IN HECK is it in the report.
    2. The Bus Crawl was amazing and wow we ventured off the resort! The shocking stuff is left out because he or she is unaware that it is very common and they don't want to "stick out." The thought of including some stuff runs through the persons' mind.
    3. Mentions Jamaican daggering to start gaining some street cred, throws in a few pics of the Jungle.
    4. The truth...sorta...talks about getting "wasted" but no mention of what happens after.
    5. The average report. Maybe a mention of a "working girl" "being at a a party" etc. "One guy winked at me." LOL
    6. The truth becomes slighly warped. Lots of mentions of Jamaican cigarettes and rum. No mentions of condoms, hot innocent encounters are thrown in as symbolism LOL. But the boardies KNOW what's missing. LOL
    7. The brave start to venture here...but there are still major holes. Evidence points to massive debauchery but it can't be proven. Rob can sleep at night but he's starting to worry lol.
    8. I have a feeling this Report is in this slot. We're gonna get some dirt. LOL
    9. GerryG/Kahuna-ville. It's almost all there. The page views increase enormously. Readers have dreams wishing they were the folks experiencing this stuff. LOL. The producers of "Entourage" start calling for movie rights.
    10. Complete INCLUSION. Yet to exist...who goes first? LOL

No offense to anyone...just jokin'....

User Info Menu

Brasi...you make me laugh!

User Info Menu

OMG Brasi, you are a riot... an 8 eh.. lol, I'll try to live up to it.. I think already know to much! ...We will have to wait and see. Next installment is on Wednesday....
    Jamaica Bound!

User Info Menu

Brai too funny! You should go first and re-do your report as a level 10.
    Happy holiday family time!

User Info Menu

Ummmm....I'm not quite sure if I'll ever want to run for public office...LOL

Beachgirl? Where's the rest of this Level 8? LOL

User Info Menu

Brasi, have patience mon.. I"m on Jamaica time.. tomorrow you will know more..
    Jamaica Bound!

User Info Menu

Everything couldn’t have gone smoother, the flight, the landing, customs, etc.
    I love photography and every time I land in Montego Bay I admire the photography of Alan Smith. Its extra special when I bring a newbie and we take the time to go through his “Journey of Jamaica” photographs. I love the pictures and they make me fall in love with Jamaica (the Jamaica outside of the resorts) just a little more each time.
    Our driver for Nolitours was there, we got on quickly and it was just PWG’s family and my crew that were on it... and although we had a bit of a wait (they were waiting for someone to get on the bus but ultimately discovered that they hadn’t even made the flight). There were no worries though as we were all ecstatic about being in heat and in our happy place. By the time we were on the bus my group had been up for about 29 hours straight.... some of them fell asleep but I couldn’t, I soak in every inch of the road to Negril.... ticking every landmark off until I see the Negril.com sign and know I’m almost there.

We arrived at Fun Holiday about 12:30 and I knew that the Tuesday webcast was going on at our hotel so I was anxious to get settled to see Rob and Lisa. Check in was a breeze, our room was ready and just as I was grabbing the keys I hear my name being called and our official Jamaican welcome committee member is walking towards us, in a strong British accent, TicToc is calling for me.... , camera in hand and arms outstretched for a hug to greet us.

Name:  Arrival.JPG
Views: 557
Size:  83.2 KB

I dropped off the suitcases, and ran, and I mean RAN to the bar.. there was Tanee, waiting as well, more hugs and waves to the camera... then Rob, Joe, Tom everyone was there.. I was in heaven.. seeing my boardie family, some of them I had never physically met but they felt like old friends. I was sad not to see Lisa there but Rob surprised me by getting her on the phone so we could catch up, before long she was on her way Fun Holiday and life continued to transform itself into perfection. We sat at the Fun Holiday Bar drinking and chatting for the majority of the afternoon. Rob and Lisa wanted us at 3 Dives for sunset and how could I resist.. thats one of the main reasons I go to Negril is for the sunsets. Two of my girlfriends had succumbed to the lack of sleep we had and went to bed.. but my one girlfriend and I, working on our 34th hour of no sleep head to 3 Dives for jerk chicken and a killer sunset. Tic and family showed up and we also caught up with Tom and Kurt... great night.

Name:  IMG_0319edited.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  56.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0321edited.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  77.6 KB

We headed back to Fun Holiday and after a few drinks and being up for almost 40 hours we finally went to bed... with anticipation of what day two was going to hold.. it was the One Love Bus Bar Crawl and we couldn't wait!
    Jamaica Bound!

User Info Menu

Credit for the photo of Tic and I needs to go to Tic!
    Jamaica Bound!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brasi View Post
    I love the stuff about what to include and what not to include. I think the "TRIP REPORT INCLUSION SCALE"...should be implemented at the start of each report. LOL...........1-10 rating system..........also based on the number of trips and the person's comfort level in Jamaica.

i.e. Trip 5, INCLUSION LEVEL 4. hahahaha

THE TRIP REPORT INCLUSION SCALE

1. A newbie report. Lots of pics of food plates, talk of Rick's Cafe, jerk chicken, and use of the word "wonderful." May or may not have actually gotten jiggy with the lifeguard but NO WAY IN HECK is it in the report.2. The Bus Crawl was amazing and wow we ventured off the resort! The shocking stuff is left out because he or she is unaware that it is very common and they don't want to "stick out." The thought of including some stuff runs through the persons' mind.
    3. Mentions Jamaican daggering to start gaining some street cred, throws in a few pics of the Jungle.
    4. The truth...sorta...talks about getting "wasted" but no mention of what happens after.
    5. The average report. Maybe a mention of a "working girl" "being at a a party" etc. "One guy winked at me." LOL
    6. The truth becomes slighly warped. Lots of mentions of Jamaican cigarettes and rum. No mentions of condoms, hot innocent encounters are thrown in as symbolism LOL. But the boardies KNOW what's missing. LOL
    7. The brave start to venture here...but there are still major holes. Evidence points to massive debauchery but it can't be proven. Rob can sleep at night but he's starting to worry lol.8. I have a feeling this Report is in this slot. We're gonna get some dirt. LOL
    9. GerryG/Kahuna-ville. It's almost all there. The page views increase enormously. Readers have dreams wishing they were the folks experiencing this stuff. LOL. The producers of "Entourage" start calling for movie rights.
    10. Complete INCLUSION. Yet to exist...who goes first? LOL

No offense to anyone...just jokin'....
    Best post EVER! HAHA!

User Info Menu

I love your pictures of the sunset...absolutely gorgeous!