Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: NCB ATMs

User Info Menu

NCB ATMs

Are they still surcharge free?

User Info Menu

mi used dem two weeks ago with a Bank of America Debit Card and was charged like a $1 from Bank of America per transaction........
    not sure what was charged on the NCB end......you know how goes der.....couldn't been much if any....

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

They now remove almost three dollars US from my account per transaction at the ATM. In other words, if I ask for $15,000 they remove $15,250. Still the cheapest way to get your money over here when on a long term visit.
    If your dream doesn't include the "impossible", it's too small - Joel Osteen

User Info Menu

Just looked at my account online, I had a $1.00 transaction fee and a $1.75 international fee on each of my withdrawals.
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Guirigay View Post
    Just looked at my account online, I had a $1.00 transaction fee and a $1.75 international fee on each of my withdrawals.
    so for $2.75 you could get cash from the ATM when you needed it.....seems fair enuff to this guy...
    which is far cry from the days of taking out cash advances on credit cards......which use to take forever

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I have a bank of america debit card, so is it better to just use that to get JA cash or go to the back and exchange US cash for JA cash? Seems like the debit card is the way to go, even if it does cost me a few bucks? now for probably a dumber question, when I use my debit card in the ATM in Jamaica, do i withdraw in JA amounts or US amounts? if JA amounts, and it give me JA cash, is the exchange rate the same as going to the back and exchange cash? sorry but never been to Jamaica, going next week. Whoo hoo!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by belfar3 View Post
    I have a bank of america debit card, so is it better to just use that to get JA cash or go to the back and exchange US cash for JA cash? Seems like the debit card is the way to go, even if it does cost me a few bucks? now for probably a dumber question, when I use my debit card in the ATM in Jamaica, do i withdraw in JA amounts or US amounts? if JA amounts, and it give me JA cash, is the exchange rate the same as going to the back and exchange cash? sorry but never been to Jamaica, going next week. Whoo hoo!!!!
    It depends on the ATM you go to as to which currency you get back. I use the Scotia Bank at the round about. It will ask if you want US or JA. Make sure you have the amount you want to take out in JA in your head already. It does feel somewhat nerve racking punching in $15,000 in an ATM machine...but you get used to it. As far as the exchange rate...I never bothered to figure out what the ATM gives you as opposed to the Cambio.
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

Belfar, Hit up the Scotia bank with your B of A debit card and you'll pay no fees. I never did the math on thr rate either as others have stated it's comparable. Right hand ATM is Jamaican only and left side is Jamaican and US dollar.