Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need some reassurance, PLEASE!

User Info Menu

Thank you all SO much for the tips! So many great ideas! Already feeling more at ease. I am a traveler, and have been to many places alone, but when it comes to my childs safety, I take no chances.
    I will look for the Honeywell alarms at both Big Lots and Walgreens (we have both here! yay!) And if they are unavailable, will definitely bring some wind chimes!
    And brasi, I live 3 hours from Albany, so I am leaving from Burlington, VT. But yes, we are in close proximity to each other!
    Thank you all! I am starting to get excited to go again!

User Info Menu

I stayed there a little over a year ago and was fine. When you call to confirm, see if they can put you in an upstairs room, I feel safer upstairs as it is harder to get to the sliding door. Ask security to show you how you can use a stick to jam the sliding glass door to your place and make sure the front door lock works well--test both doors before you agree on the room. I have stayed there 5 times, once on Mariners side and 4 times on Jeans--no safety issues--you will be fine.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Cwop,

There has been a few people bumped from the NBCR (Negril Beach Club Resort) to their sister property, the Caribbean Sunset. This is an inferior hotel in many ways, not as nice and not on the beach. Jean runs the NBCC (Negril Beach Club Condos) at the same location, and she has been helping people who have been overbooked at the NBCR by letting them call the booking service they used (Expedia for example) to remedy the situation. The Condos office is located at the far northern end of the building (to the far right as you walk in the entrance). She would be able to assist if the NBCR does not seem to be willing.

Also, just for a bit of additional peace of mind, you can always call us at 423-5479 in Negril and we will help you in anyway we can.

Have a great trip!!!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Everything be ok!

User Info Menu

Wow some of these posts make it sound scary. I have stayed there 7 times in 4 years and never had a slight issue, more than that as i have previously stated I had stupidity issues of my own that had I been in other places could have worked out very badly. If anything my only concern was tourist girls with 6-8 visitor men onsite off beach each at night one trip. Thats it.All of my patios in all the rooms and condos have had the wood plank to block opening and multiple locks on doors, in both Condos side and resort side. I have several pictures of that property in my albums here. IMO best beach in town. They have a swim teacher that gives lessons in the pool to lots of little kids when I have been there as the massage table is also on the pool deck I know this well. I have never seen the pool dirty at all.
    Parental advice:Keep your daughter out of the hot tub, lots of things happen in there at night that make it only appealing right after cleaning and refill before an over nite happens LOL.

Any other problems just say something to any member of staff you see, which will be many and they will immediately tend to it. Except the internet because that is always broken but Beach House Villas next door gets it free at bar and Easy Rock Internet Cafe is really cheap. My stuff is usually laying around in room atleast some of it and they clean around it, no staff threats for me for sure( the bellboy they call Rasta thinks he's Deuce Biggolo male Giggolo but is no harm, makes for a good laugh to watch him try).
    Have Fun!

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

If it helps....I will be on property as of tomorrow (Sat) for 2 weeks and I have stayed at this property (admittedly in the Condos) but still on property since 1983.......(over 50 times)..if you see me on the beach say hi....and I will watch out for someone with a daughter's age on the beach. No worries. Robin

User Info Menu

Sorry I meant with a little girl your daughter's age.

User Info Menu

Next month will be my 3rd stay (condo thru Jean) on this property in a years time. As others have said, I have never felt threatened or unsafe in this area. Counting down the days til my return!

User Info Menu

I just returned from 2 weeks at NBCC, Jean Gaynair's part of the property. I've stayed at this property - basically 3 entities in one - for 26 years, well over 40 trips, most of the summer for many, many years. I've seen a LOT, mainly due to my long stays. In the summer I use my timeshare unit; any other time, I stay w/ Jean in the Condos.

MANY people booked w/ the hotel side (Negril Beach Resort/Mariner's) were bumped to Caribbean Sunset Resort during my stay. This included timeshare (TS) owners who had not yet paid their annual fees or confirmed that they would be using their time. Although the TS side is separate, it has fallen more & more under the resort side since the new owner came in a few years back. I was able to direct one young woman in particular to NBCC when she had been bumped to Caribbean Sunset & they were able to help her. It's already been suggested that you see Jean if you encounter problems. I second that. She & I had a lengthy conversation about the Resort overbooking & how much of a headache it is for all. She does & will step in to help anyone in a bumped situation. You need to just let her know. If she can help, she will.

That said, there was one "break in" during my stay, my first night. I was already awake when I heard screaming at 4:45 a.m. The young women - across & down from me - claimed their room had been broken into. This was a Resort room. I looked at their door... no way someone could have jimmied the lock since a wood board made it impossible to access. They insisted they closed the door (note: closed, not locked). Bottom line... they had been robbed but it was by 2 young men they met while out partying & who they brought back w/ them. They fell asleep, passed out, whatever... woke up & the guys & $$$ were gone. That's probably - based on my time there - 90% of the break ins.

I brought the door stop but the door fit was so tight I couldn't use it. Used the deadbolt & chain & felt very safe. Patio door/slider... 3 working locks plus the wooden bar. I still use my extra lock, more out of habit... no problems. If you use good sense, & it sounds like you have plenty, you will do fine. I bought TS units at this property because it is a great location, wonderful beach (shade & sun), numerous amenities. I stay there because I feel comfortable there. Get to know people who work there... security, Jean & her staff, etc. They will look out for you.

The pool was always clean. It's a favorite place for children to hang out. The hot tub was drained, cleaned & refilled while I was there. Vendors have never been a problem for me, even when it's very slow. I've never feel pressure or threatened. The vendors who pass are friendly, not aggressive. Feel free to e-mail me if you have further questions, ykreedfla@aol.com. There was an issue at the pool a couple of days, seemed to be & hopefully is resolved now. Off the board I'd like to alert you to this so you can be prepared, should it be necessary. It has to do w/ inappropriate guest behavior in public that even adults found offensive. Person spoken to but still around. I don't want to go into details here but will be glad to address off the board. Yes, the curious may also contact me :-)

Bottom line, this is a great property & you WILL have a safe, fun trip.
    Last edited by Yvonne; 02-17-2012 at 08:59 AM.

User Info Menu

"Also, just for a bit of additional peace of mind, you can always call us"

What a nice thing to do Rob. Very classy.

Very nice of others to offer assistance as well.