Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trip Journal- Jan 30- Feb 13- Negril- by Newfiesub

User Info Menu

Is there something about the words "all-inclusive" I don't understand?

That would mean...all...as in everything...INCLUDED. LOL

OR

ALL-INCLUSIVE!!!!
    *except drinks, ice, Red Stripe, some foods and most things you would want. All offers conditions, rules and previous promises are null and void once we have your money.*

Newfie: I stayed at the old Negril Inn once and it was the same way....don't judge Negril on this experience! There are hundreds of other places to stay!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brasi View Post
    Is there something about the words "all-inclusive" I don't understand?

That would mean...all...as in everything...INCLUDED.
    very, very, VERY misleading. Legends does the same thing. Should be called a meal and drink plan, especially in light of a general understanding about what all-inclusive means at other, more reputable hotels. It's like stealing ....

User Info Menu

I have to say for the price we paid and that they have been offering FunHoliday out of Toronto, if you got two beers and a stale sandwich a day you are still doin ok.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Brasi, we stayed at the old Negril Inn as well, a fair time ago. Too many funny stories about that place!
    Rise early, treat everyday as though it's your last and your last day as it's your first.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    very, very, VERY misleading. Legends does the same thing. Should be called a meal and drink plan, especially in light of a general understanding about what all-inclusive means at other, more reputable hotels. It's like stealing ....
    At least Legends/SamSara "spells it out" as to what's included & what's not.....
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

I read somewhere about the swim up bar charging and that they regularly run out of stuff. I seriously considered booking FH because it was such a cheap AI. I am so glad we didn't!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by poolguywindsor View Post
    I have to say for the price we paid and that they have been offering FunHoliday out of Toronto, if you got two beers and a stale sandwich a day you are still doin ok.
    I plan on staying there in December. Like, $68 pp AI? Pretty great. But these reports give me doubts. I'm bringing my sons (age 18, 16) to Jamaica for their first visit...this kind of thing won't do...

Brasi, we stayed at the old Negril Inn as well, a fair time ago. Too many funny stories about that place!
    It was a 'herding cattle' type of AI. You were required to eat...er..."graze" at certain times and they were restrictive. Draft beer and lower shelf liquor...nothing at all available between meal times. That's a killer when you have kids.

I stayed at Legends for 6 nights in 2008. It was ok. I didn't take the AI so i was buying a really pretty Swedish woman drinks for two hours before I realized she WAS AI...she had no idea I was buying them....she thought the barkeep was just filling her up..hahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Brasi.

What I did like about Legends...it still may be true...is you could buy into the AI for a day at a time, even if you walked in off the street. If you knew you were chilling there for the day, well worth it. It was $54 then...(above the cost of the room). That included 3 meals, and most drinks.

Newfie or PoolGuy would put 'em out of business at that price!
    Last edited by brasi; 02-24-2012 at 08:36 AM.

User Info Menu

brasi,

Yes, Legends/SamSara still lets you do the A/I option on a day to day basis.
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

that sucks.... but i got u beat . It was my sistes bday and i wanted to suprise her so i got a ticket last min it was 900.00 each but non stop. We leave Detroit 6am and was to arive 11am. We took off on time but in air our landing gear malfuntions. So we have to stop in Florida to fix it....................

.......we waited till11:30pm at airport in FL to go to Jamaica. we waited till all flights were done then the took us.They did give us all 100.00 off our next vacation, but in my eyes i lost a day. I think the airport should have taken us to the beach for the day! But the vacation was still the best,,,,,, when u get there

User Info Menu

True I had a 9 and 7 year old with me and they drank enough frozen fruit drinks, i got my moneys worth on that alone plus I was planning on eating dinners out and they wanted to stay and eat dinner there,first time i think my kids ever saved me money!!!
    Trip #59 most of February