Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Trip Journal- Jan 30- Feb 13- Negril- by Newfiesub

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Trip Journal- Jan 30- Feb 13- Negril- by Newfiesub

Jamaica Trip Report
    by Newfiesub

A little about us!

Trip date- Jan 30 – Feb 13- Negril- Fun Holiday Beach

We are a late 40ish couple living in a small town north of Barrie Ontario.
    I have a small renovation company in the summer and I plow in the winter. The wife is in fine dinning and works at 2 restaurants.
    Like most people we save all year so we can go away for 2 weeks every Feb. We have been to Mexico, Dom Rep and Cuba many times, but this was our first trip to Jamaica. We have stayed at 3,4&5 star resorts and are low maintenance tourists.
    Al & Dar

Day 1- Mon Jan 30

So much for a clean start.

Woke @ 5am to 10' of snow and having a plow and contracts I had to go to work until 8.30. Work complete, we set off for Toronto, a 2 but with all this snow maybe a 3 hour drive. An uneventful drive other than the fact that we were finally on our way to Jamaica, or so we thought!!

Arrived in Toronto around noon and went to my moms for lunch and a little nap before checking into the sleep and fly. Between plowing and the trip to Toronto I had been driving for almost 7 hours and was already feeling fatigued and a power nap was needed. I didn't know at the time but I could have slept at moms for another 6 hours as I was soon to learn.

We arrived at the hotel around 2pm, checked in for the night of our return, and took the hotel shuttle to the airport. All this was very painless and went off without a hitch. I mention hitch because the next 16 hours were not fun to say the least.

End of chapter 1 Pictures sometime soon
    Last edited by newfiesub; 02-17-2012 at 03:56 PM.