Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Now look what you made me do!!!!

User Info Menu

Smile Now look what you made me do!!!!

It's all your fault! Posting awesome trip reports, telling me about parties and great places to eat and drink. Giving insight into the people and the culture. Not being afraid to move out of your comfort zone........

After travelling to a lot of places in the Caribbean and Mexico we finally gave Jamaica a chance last November. We had always bypassed Jamaica in our travels due to in part to our ignorance of the actual state of affairs in the country related to safety and crime. We had a great trip and knew that we would be back. We stayed at SATP and ventured out a few times to places like Ivan’s, Coco La Palm and Office of Nature. We always felt safe and enjoyed interacting with the different people we encountered.

Now I think most you know what it is like when you getbitten by the Negril bug. Not the sand flea’s, of which I had about one hundred bites, but the bug that tells you that you must go back. I had to work on my wife a bit, she wanted to go back to SATP but I wanted to venture out a little further. Well, I pulled the trigger and we are heading back on March 24th for a week at Rooms On The Beach. I am laying most of the blame on this board and it's contributors

User Info Menu

YES!!!
    Good for you! We gladly take the blame!

Once you go, you know!
    Have a blast!

User Info Menu

Jamaica is one addiction I don't want to kick!

User Info Menu

It's mostly Marley/Clarity/Rastagal's fault I'm going in April!

Poor me..........hahaha...I'm actually getting so close to leaving that I am beginning to feel thankful LOL

This board is full of positive peer pressure...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brasi View Post

Poor me..........hahaha...I'm actually getting so close to leaving that I am beginning to feel thankful LOL

​Let's not forget the man love!!!!

User Info Menu

Lol

User Info Menu

That's just how it goes...my December trip was because of TicToc and all her talk about parties and such...I had the best time ever! The morning you wake up to head to the airport you will be thanking your lucky stars you decided to go
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

Booger...sorry bro...most def. true!

One of the main perpetrators actually!

My trip report counter is hilarious today, btw:
    "1 month 4 weeks 1 day"

Gotta love leap year!
    Last edited by brasi; 02-20-2012 at 08:28 PM.

User Info Menu

Booger...sorry bro...most def. true!

One of the main perpetrators actually!

My trip report counter is hilarious today, btw:
    "1 month 4 weeks 1 day"

Gotta love leap year!

That threw me for a loop too..

User Info Menu

Just back from Rooms on the Beach and had an awesome time. Since this was our first non A/I in Negril we kept track of our expenses so that we could see how it compares.

Day 1.

Up early for a 6.15 flight from Toronto to Mo Bay. My wife likes flying at this time but I would prefer to fly later. We flew with Thomas Cook and the check in was very fast and efficient even though they do not have self check in. The fight was delayed by about 25 minutes as on of the attendants lost her Government issued ID. She finally found it in one of the overhead bins.

Arrived in Mo Bay and were told we had to have one customs card per person, which we knew from November but crew on the insisted on one each, filled out the form and we were through customs in 15 minutes and our bags already off the belt and waiting for us. The customs line to the right has moved faster than the one on the left both both times we have been through the airport.

Stepped outside and Englebert (Joe Cool) was waiting for us with his sign. I will ramble on later about Englebert but he is is just a great person let alone a great driver. We stopped at the Mega Mart for some supplies and to use the Scotia ATM that is inside. What a great store. Security at the parking entrance so that you feel safe going in.

Name:  IMG_0289.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  87.5 KB

My wife works for a pet food company so we had to find the dog food and take a picture.

Name:  IMG_0291.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  101.1 KB

For 12 Red Stripe, 4 Dragon Stout, 2 Litres of pop, some fruit and snacks - $4881.81 JA - $58.18 CDN
    4 bottles of wine - $5015.82 JA - $59.78. The wine was around the same price we would pay in Canada.

ATM - $20000.00 JA - $237.40 CDN.

Loading up and ready to go. Joe Cool with my wife.

Name:  IMG_0292.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  94.1 KB

Englebert is a very good driver and we asked if he was really a Jamacian. He never used the horn once! He has worked his way up from a Security Guard when they were building Breezes to owing his own van and also a smaller vehicle that his wife Latoya drives. We were soon passing this sign.

Name:  IMG_0295.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  95.3 KB

And arriving at our home for the next week.

Name:  IMG_0298.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  96.5 KB

We were there early so we had to spent a few hours on the beach and that was fine as check in was stated for 3.00 PM. One of the nice things about the beach at Rooms is that you can sit behind the wall, or sit right on the beach. For those that don't want to be bothered by the higglers you can sit behind it. The beach is really nice at Rooms and there is lots of shade with no "towel games" needed.

Name:  IMG_0311.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  92.7 KB

We soon visited Maureen at the Sunny Side for our first Red Stripe on the beach.

Name:  IMG_0313.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  90.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0353.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  87.6 KB

Maureen is really sweet and a pleasure to talk to. Not the same vibe when she is not tending bar but we really enjoyed chatting with her throughout the week.

We finally got into our room around 3.45. Garden view with a balcony. Just two problems. See if you can spot them?

Name:  IMG_0296.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  90.4 KB

No chance of switching that day but they promised to switch us on Sunday.

We spent the rest of the day on the beach and then headed in to get ready for to go to Sea Splash for the Saturday night show. This was one of our must do things and even though we had been up since 3.00 we went down to meet our pre arranged pick up of 6.35. When no one had shown up at 7.05 we walked across the street for some food at Sweet Spot.

Two fried chicken dinners, two red stripes - $1650.00 JA.

Good comfort food and too much for us to finish. We walked back to Rooms and there was a driver there that had just shown up to take us to Sea Splash but since we had eaten and it was about 7.40 we declined. We were disappointed but what can you do.

Name:  IMG_0326.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  91.1 KB

We sat on one of the patios for a few hours taking in the sights and sounds and called it a night.
    Last edited by OUV11112; 04-02-2012 at 09:22 AM.