Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: visiting chef? interested in exchanging skills/ ideas?

User Info Menu

visiting chef? interested in exchanging skills/ ideas?

contact canoe bar canoebeachbar@gmail.com. Looking to enhance our culinary community!

User Info Menu

Re: visiting chef? interested in exchanging skills/ ideas?

Oh man...to be a fly on the wall during these discussions!

We rented a condo this year and have a kitchen for the first time in Jamaica. I am going to be cooking up a storm! Hope you find some one to collaborate with Patty its a great idea to find chefs who are willing to share ideas as its only going to make your place better.
    Last edited by Crusher; 01-09-2014 at 09:54 PM.
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    Oh man...to be a fly on the wall during these discussions!

We rented a condo this year and have a kitchen for the first time in Jamaica. I am going to be cooking up a storm! Hope you find some one to collaborate with Patty its a great idea to find chefs who are willing to share ideas as its only going to make your place better.
    Crusher you do know what happens to flies on a wall don't you? Especially in a kitchen :-) Next year we'll book a place with a kitchen. I - like you love to cook up a storm. All Winter long we have chicken and beef stocks on the stove simmering for days for a variety of soups and recipes. You can never eat too good.

User Info Menu

No you can't....my oven roasted Jerk Turkey is an epic favorite of all my friends!

[/url]

User Info Menu

I think I want that recipe....my girlfriend is from Jamaica and makes awesome jerk meats but she's never made jerk turkey.
    "When I feel like dancing, I dance. I don't care if anyone else is dancing or if everyone is laughing at me.. I dance.."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    No you can't....my oven roasted Jerk Turkey is an epic favorite of all my friends!
    We have a 20 lb free range turkey sitting in our freezer right now. Would love to have that recipe to try it. Did you make your own jerk or did you bring it back from the rock?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamadian View Post
    We have a 20 lb free range turkey sitting in our freezer right now. Would love to have that recipe to try it. Did you make your own jerk or did you bring it back from the rock?
    First off....sorry for jacking your thread Patty!

I make my own Jerk from scratch. Toast the fresh spices, grind them up in a spice grinder and use actual scotch bonnets imported from Jamaica by a local grocer. I will post the recipe in the cooking forum.

No more thread jacking for me.

[/url]