Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad news about Leroy across from Catcha Falling Star/Tensing Pen

Administrator

User Info Menu

Sad news about Leroy across from Catcha Falling Star/Tensing Pen

For those who have spent time on the West End near, Catcha Falling Star and Tensing Pen, it is with heavy heart that we are passing on the news we received about Leroy's passing. He operated the small restaurant at the corner of Seastar Lane. He has served many visitors over the years and we felt that those that knew him knew of his passing on Friday night.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

RIP Leroy........He has been there ever since we have traveled to the West End. Thanks for letting us know Rob.

User Info Menu

Very sad news indeed. Leroy served me my very first meal in Jamaica last year. He was so kind. I was on the way to the grocery and stopped to talk to him. Ordered two plates and stopped to pick them up on the way back to catcha. He had it wrapped on real plates and made sure to point out everything on the plate. Definately took pride in his food. When I returned his plates he wanted to make sure that everything was perfect. He was the first Jamaican I met off of the resort and he made me feel so welcome. Was looking forward to seeing him this year again on our next trip. Thanks for the kindness, welcoming spirit, and the chicken Leroy.

User Info Menu

OHHHH that is so sad. He fed Jim and I well!~ Rose is a sweetie too. BLESS there HEARTS~~~
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting this Rob. Leroy provided us some meals as well some interesting conversation on our last two reaches. RIP Leroy.

User Info Menu

may him rest in peace.......

not totally surprised cause I talked to him three weeks ago when I bought a brown stew dinner from him....
    and he didn't look too well at all....we had talked about how long he had been at the location.......
    him said it was 14 years across from Tensing Pen at the corner of Seastar Lane.......
    mi use buy food from him once awhile when I had the cottage and would ride by on mi bike.......
    and mi been telling a lot of people about his stand for years......boy I will miss him.......
    sad day mon........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

RIP - Dennis and I were just talking about him last week. Sad news.

User Info Menu

That's so sad, I've known Leroy and Rose for a while. Thanks for posting Rob.

User Info Menu

On one of our trips we took some newbies to the westend...spent a little time at Rexy's.. then went to Ricks so they could take a jump, have a cocktail or two and then I told them we would walk to SeaStar Inn for lunch. As we got to the lane, Leroy opened his barrel grill and we sat down right there for a great lunch. Leroy and Rose as well as the kids made sure we had a great time..... Leroy will be missed by many.

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob. So sad to hear about Leroy. We made it a point to have a meal with him each time we went to Negril. When we went to the store, we would get an extra Red Stripe or Guiness for Leroy, and sit and reason politrics for a while. I hope Rose continues the jerk stand.
    Respect,
    Col. Andy & "Wildcat" Pam