Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about June trip (weather) experiences

User Info Menu

What everyone else said. I've been going in June for over 20 years, June AND July since 2000. Every year can be different, every week can be different. Where you stay on the beach makes a difference. Many, many days it's raining at Treehouse & down near the AIs. Sunny & fine closer to town. Rain can be a few sprinkles to a deluge. Rain chances increase as you get later into the month & into July, also starts earlier. Rain might come around 4 p.m. when I first get to Negril. By the time I head home, the rain is starting as early as noon.

It is hot but, as Rambo stated, it's the humidity that creates discomfort. I always carry my sweat cloth (washcloth). On the beach there's a breeze so it's quite bearable. The temperature is usually in the low 90's. Anything 93 or higher is a heat wave there (been there for a couple over the years). I live in west central FL & would rather summer in Negril because the weather is better. If I lived near the beach here in FL I might not feel the same about the weather as it's always cooler near the coast.

Last year I arrived June 3 in the evening. Apparently it had rained every day & my first beach day on 6/4 was the first break from rain. Lucky for me. Rain has never put a damper on my Negril time (no pun intended). Just booked yesterday for 6/11 - 7/14.
    Last edited by Yvonne; 03-01-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

It's a crapshoot.....But? You get low prices and the sun is out much longer.....

User Info Menu

We were there end of June/early July and loved it enough we are going back this year again! Bring light loose clothing! No tight tees or shorts! As much cotton as you can. Ironically, jean shorts were the most comfy even though they seemed heavier than the synthetic ones I had. Synthetics just stick to you!!! It was wonderful. As many posted, there are few tourists and you get to really know the people because everyone has time for you! It was heat like I had never experienced, but that's why God invented Red Stripe and rum punch. We hit the beach around 7:30 am and headed back for breakfast at the hotel. OK, I confess. We hit the beach the first day at 11:30. OMG! You couldn't walk across the sand in bare feet! That's why we went early early from then on! It was awesome!!!!! Forget make up. It will just melt off. If you love Jamaica, you will love her even more in summer.