Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Point Village for $83 per night for two -- is this a STEAL????

User Info Menu

Point Village for $83 per night for two -- is this a STEAL????

Includes AC. Considering the luxury of the property, on-site snorkeling, general 4-star feel to the place (without restaurant, so more like an apartment), and NO higglers in that area, it sounds like a GOOD deal!!!!

User Info Menu

It's a nice place, but you'll get bored, since you drive a scooter everywhere you go, you'll be fine. The guards will get to know you and may even open the gate on time for you to fly under the metal bar. Note: Not all condo's at Point Village are in great shape.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Not a steal ..but a very good price for the nicest property in Negril imho .. no better place to get away from it all when that time reckons ..and just a quick ride to anywhere you need to be !!

User Info Menu

83 a night you can get many places if it is low season. I have heard both good and terrible reviews of the place--so I think the quality varies from condo to condo. For me it would be too isolated, and I don't like the idea of having to venture out every time I want a drink or food or just to chill with some people. But it sounds good if you are going with a significant other and a good stock of groceries.

User Info Menu

Stayed for first 2 weeks of Feb-2012 ..Loved it .. first stay at the Point was in 1992 ..Enjoyed it without the all inclusive option ..and mayhem that went along with that .. I always stayed "ep" ..quick stop at Megamart for supplies .. everything needed in the room ..bonus .. gas station and market 5 minute walk for any needed supplies ..taxis always available just outside the gates .. 400 ja to anywhere we needed to go along the beach ..mostly dinners ..
    But NO wanderers ..and NO higglers .. paradise in Negril .. not to mention the very nice ..and well used ..clothing optional beach with plenty of beach chairs ..and a clean up shower .. I still don't see ANY disadvantages ... Peace

User Info Menu

Been a long time since i stayed there, but the nicest piece of real estate in Negril!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

You could get them down to $75-78 if you tried as several of the nice ones rent for that. It doesnt matter if it is 10 people or 1 as far as PV as long as you don't have so many to cause damage you are renting a Condo period. Best property in all Negril if you have transportation or someone you want to enjoy isolated beauty right at city border with. Excellent family property.

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

Let's just say that deals can be had .. I still can't believe what we paid for 14 nights .. but it forced our hand in booking the flights ..and determined the 2 week stay .. AWESOME !!

User Info Menu

I don't know the dates your looking into, but I been watching the price on Expedia $72, for Carib beach apartment in may and june. Carib is manged by firefly hotel, and they have two rooms at point village they call it Carib beach apartments. I have stayed here a few times, nice property, very secluded. I also rent a scooter for my whole trip, and without transportation, that property is tough.

User Info Menu

I love it there, but it may not be close enough to the action for you, Gerry.