Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best hotel on the beach under $100 a night?

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Sorry I'm just catching up to speed here after our fabulous fabulous 2+ weeks at Seasplash. I have a trip report in my head (soon come) but I would urge you to email Jim. The location could not be better (my opin), pool was SPOTLESS and SPARLKLING every day. Bar/beach so much fun. The rooms are lovely and the whole property is beautifully designed and landscaped -- so lush everywhere you look. Beautiful birds and flowers. I don't know about less than $100/night, but I can tell you it is worth every penny. Oh did I say best staff? More ... just not time now. After my time in paradise I'm back in the fast lane, and way behind! If you have any specific questions let me know.

User Info Menu

Clarity,

The Rayon is across the street from the beach and right across from CoCoLa Palm and a stones throw from Best in The West.

Luvs
    http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Thank you for all of your great suggestions and advice!! It was so immensely helpful and so appreciated! Now we have a line up of hotel possibilities that we just have to narrow it down. We're looking into all of them now. Jim – I sent you an email this afternoon.

I'll let you all know which hotel we end up booking once we figure it out!

Thanks so much everyone! You guys are amazing! We're so excited about this upcoming trip! I know that no matter where we end up staying on the beach in the end, we're going to be very happy! THANK YOU!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Thank you for all of your great suggestions and advice!! It was so immensely helpful and so appreciated! Now we have a line up of hotel possibilities that we just have to narrow it down. We're looking into all of them now. Jim – I sent you an email this afternoon.

I'll let you all know which hotel we end up booking once we figure it out!

Thanks so much everyone! You guys are amazing! We're so excited about this upcoming trip! I know that no matter where we end up staying on the beach in the end, we're going to be very happy! THANK YOU!
    Keeping an eye on this one as we have 3 days at the conclusion of our trip to find a place. Already up on the Best End for the first 6 nights and might just end up staying up there for the remainder, however am seriously giving the beach some thought. People seem to be enjoying themselves at Seasplash.

User Info Menu

You asked about Seasplash wireless and beds. I (along with a few others) worked from Jamaica every day -- so I depended on the connection at Seasplash and it was there. At the (big, new) bar was the best. And in the little lobby/front desk area, where they have a pc and a small desk you can sit at. The connection was not a problem, but it was not strong. So sending emails out, and other email functions (like deleting and uploading) were all slow. Of course, my speed was slow too in Negril, so it didn't matter much. I did go to Treehouse for breakfast buffet most days (highly recommend) and their internet was super fast, so I would work there looking out over the blue blue water in the mornings. What a way to be at work! Re the beds, I have always loved the beds at Seasplash, and I sleep all through the night there, which I rarely do at home. I would describe them as hard I think, which is my preference. Of course we normally get the same room, so might not be true for every bed -- also the mattresses are (all I think?) fairly new. Hope this helps --

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Wilson View Post
    You asked about Seasplash wireless and beds. I (along with a few others) worked from Jamaica every day -- so I depended on the connection at Seasplash and it was there. At the (big, new) bar was the best. And in the little lobby/front desk area, where they have a pc and a small desk you can sit at. The connection was not a problem, but it was not strong. So sending emails out, and other email functions (like deleting and uploading) were all slow. Of course, my speed was slow too in Negril, so it didn't matter much. I did go to Treehouse for breakfast buffet most days (highly recommend) and their internet was super fast, so I would work there looking out over the blue blue water in the mornings. What a way to be at work! Re the beds, I have always loved the beds at Seasplash, and I sleep all through the night there, which I rarely do at home. I would describe them as hard I think, which is my preference. Of course we normally get the same room, so might not be true for every bed -- also the mattresses are (all I think?) fairly new. Hope this helps --
    Thanks Mrs Wilson, I was eagerly awaiting for you to chime in about Seasplash. It's the fun you had and shared that put the place on my list. Nice detail.

User Info Menu

Clarity
    To throw another one out there, we were at Negril relax in January (Merrills 3) and it was very nice. After April 15th the room rate is 65 per night includes taxes. Check out Negril one Stop's site to see it. They are awesome to deal with. They also have all Inclusive for about $125 for the night for 2! If things haven't changed, you can use all 3 of the Merills properties.

User Info Menu

You can no longer use the other two Merrill's properties. They are no longer owned by the same people. I asked NegrilOneStop about it because I wanted to stay there

User Info Menu

We are splitting our trip next year between, Point Village (Private Condo that is sweet, stayed there this Jan), Seastar for 3 nights, and thinking Kuyaba for 3 nights as well