Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cold cure,and i dont mean going to jamaica.

User Info Menu

Cold cure,and i dont mean going to jamaica.

Help leaveing on tuesday and im catching a cold.First time in 12 reaches that ive been sick.Trying zicam,any good cure tips out there?

User Info Menu

Hydrate...sleep...hydrate...sleep...hydrate...Cold eeze lozenges (kind of like zicam)
    Good luck, hope you feel better before your trip :-)

User Info Menu

Ill have to try the cold ezze,i dont wanna be the sic guy on the plane(we all know nobody likes the sic person on the plane)lol

User Info Menu

Don't be that guy ! :-)

User Info Menu

Ill do my best not to be.......Off to walmart for a cure!

User Info Menu

Everything already mentioned helps shorten the duration. If you have the want to relieve the symptoms so you are not the ONE on the plane coughing and sneezing I like Vicks cold & FLu and Alka Seltzer cold relief. I'm sure there are others and some of them may give you the " medicine head " but they do relieve the symptoms and should help.
    Good Luck

Side story - I wish a woman who sat behind me at dinner one evening last year had taken something. It was out side with low lighting. She sneezed all over my neck and shoulder. All I could see was the particles glistening in the light as it was spraying over my left shoulder. She never said a word! I got up, went to the rest room and tried to clean up the best I could. Thank lord I did not get sick
    [http://daisypath.com]

User Info Menu

another recommendation for the alka seltzer..plus get some zinc and vitamin C and B complex too.

User Info Menu

I guess it could be alot worse than a cold,ill try my best to keep my germs to myself.

User Info Menu

I tried Alka Seltzer cold for the first time last month and I definitely felt relief from my symptoms a lot faster than when I use Nyquil Day. My go-to is Emergen-C, I will have a pack or two per day with water.
    “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharial Nehru

User Info Menu

I had that happen once, cold came on just as I was planning to leave for Jamaica. If you've got a 'cough', and you want to avoid spewing on fellow flight passengers (very noble and considerate of you), I would go see a dr. and get some cough syrup with codeine ..... that seems to be the sure fire medication (for me anyway) to calm a cough. At this late of date, you might need to visit an emergency med-center - explain your situation, usually the docs at the med-centers are a little more reasonable about handing out 'scripts. I have also found relief from sitting in a nice hot sauna .... I'm not sure if it's because it induces an 'artificial' fever and works to kill the virus, or if it's just that it breaks up the phlegm and reduces congestion......NOTE: I'm not a medical doctor, and I don't play one on t.v. ....... but I have found relief from both these measures. Also, on a positive note, when I got to Jamaica with a cold ..... I felt better within the first 24 hrs of being there - the magic cure!!