Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Seven Mile Beach Diet - Part I

User Info Menu

Wonderful start, can't wait to hear more!

User Info Menu

Yep me too! HELLO tredmill, good buy BEER, and bread!
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Yes, I know this very well..I'm on my 2 week bikini fast..but plan to break it when I hit The Oasis Lounge @ JFK before I board my AJ/CA flight to MBJ- bagels and rum here I come...
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

User Info Menu

Luckily, I am teaching Zumba two times a week and conducting a boot camp two times a week...so I can splurge every now and again lol. For the whole month of June, I'll be teaching Zumba for five days a week!!! If I don't take a little bit of weight off that way, then I'm just messed up haha! I plan on eating and drinking GOOD on vacation.

User Info Menu

That's the way to go -- working out for vacation while getting paid.. good deal!! I am also trying to get motivated to get on the treadmill -- but it's too damn cold in the morning still. But I'd better get my a$$ in gear - only 46 more sleeps for me!!!
    http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10200;0/st/20130420/e/VACATION%2C+MON/k/ad37/event.png

User Info Menu

I'm happy but not surprised to hear that people can relate (well except for you Captain!). This saga is actually (mostly) from 2011. We just got back from our 2012 visit. It took a year to get over my fear of rejection and post. Big thanks to everyone for your encouragement.

User Info Menu

Mrs. Wilson, nice to have you back. Jamaica has been a good location for improving my health.

The funny thing is, most people stress about how their bodies will look when they get here, yet how they look is not much of a concern here. The real problem (IMO) eating away at us is the negativity toward body differences that we allow and propagate in our minds, in North America...

I like knowing that much of the food I eat in Jamaica, is grown or procured in Jamaica.

User Info Menu

I am LMAO because I do the same thing. The clothes I wear to Jamaica
    do not come close to fitting me on the way home! Well, I don't drink syrupy , yummy drinks all day at home
    and I am grazing all day while I'm there with the excuse that, we don't get to eat like this at home.
    So, I'll never forget my first year and how I starved myself and when I talked to the Jamacain men,
    the majority said, "WE LIKE OUR WOMEN BIGGER". It doesn't matter cause once your there, you don't obsess
    about your weight like I do at home. I just enjoy!
    Can't wait to read more.

User Info Menu

I got tired of losing the same 12 lbs over and over and then gaining back 13. Been doing Weight Watchers since July and have lost 23 lbs so far. It's coming off slow and steady. Did have a little bump in the road in Dec with my Negril trip. Put 3 lbs back on and it took me the rest of Dec into Jan to get rid of it. So this trip in Apr I am hoping to not gain at all. Waiting to hear what Mrs. Wilson has to say. I guess I shouldn't complain about the 3 lbs. When we did all inclusive on previous trips I gained 8.

@Rosco-I hate the "dread"mill too. Glad for a mild winter here in NY. I was able to walk most days outside.

User Info Menu

One thing that is true about beach-ing on the 7 Mile Beach. While there are plenty of women of all ages with great bodies, there are plenty that are exposing a lot that have lots more to expose than most of us! And I say that as a lady who has put on way too much weight in the last few years.