Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Seven Mile Beach Diet - Part I

User Info Menu

Sometimes the "exposure" just can't be helped! Oops, there it is....

User Info Menu

BTW - Mrs. Wilson, we are awaiting your further installments...

User Info Menu

Sweet Sue -- I know I know!!! Can I share a secret? It's my fix for procrastination. Meaning that I'm a big procrastinator - so I promise things (because I am good to my word) that will force me to complete a task. Like I invite 50 people over for a party cause it will make me finish hanging the wallpaper in the hallway and clean my house from top to bottom. And in this case, once I finally hit send on my first post, that created an obligation to finish to story -- and now am driven to complete the task. So I can't/won't promise a post a day, but I'm going to try and crank this all out asap. Thanks you for reading!

User Info Menu

Funny ..as a guy ..I tend to loose 8-10 pnds every 2 week touch .. drinking beer ..swimming ..walking ..and of course the odd day on the supermodel diet .. white on white ..works every time !!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Mrs. Wilson, nice to have you back. Jamaica has been a good location for improving my health.

The funny thing is, most people stress about how their bodies will look when they get here, yet how they look is not much of a concern here. The real problem (IMO) eating away at us is the negativity toward body differences that we allow and propagate in our minds, in North America...

I like knowing that much of the food I eat in Jamaica, is grown or procured in Jamaica.
    So agree with this, Lola!

User Info Menu

I agree as well regarding body image. I lived in Los Angeles for many years after college. I was the only person I knew (OK I knew 1 more) who was not a size 5. It was a tough place to be for a big girl! And in Jamaica there is a huge acceptance of other body types. Also in the south, where my husband hails from, being a bigger size is more acceptable. But for me looking is "good" is just a bonus - for me getting shape is all about being healthy and fit -- neither of which applied to me. I want to live a long life -- and the way I was going was not gonna get me there. So not so much about vanity, for the record ; )

User Info Menu

Boy this little blog is taking a lot of time! Sorry to drag it out, but writing as I go ... part 3 will post shortly.