Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coco La Palm

User Info Menu

Coco La Palm

This will be our first trip to Negril and Jamaica. Staying a Coco is there anyone here that has experience at the hotel.
    I have a couple of simple questions like, do they furnish beach towels, are there room safes for things like passports,
    and what did you think of your stay there.

Also first post so thanks in advance for any response.

User Info Menu

Welcome.
    We have stayed at Coco 13 times, 14th coming up this November.
    Yes they do furnish beach towels. They have room safes and they are pretty good size and very safe.
    What do I think of my stay- does 14 times mean anything?
    Any questions just ask.

User Info Menu

Jamaica_jeff,
    I just returned from my 1st trip to Negril and totally fell in love. I stayed at Country Country in the upper cottage closest to the beach & ocean. Loved that view from my cottage & I loved the small boutique experience. It was a wonderful piece of beach for such a small group of guests. However, I want to go for 2 weeks next time, and I don't have much money, so I've been looking at the Coco La Palm spring/fall prices. In a superior room, it seems I could save around $50/day. Over 2 weeks, that amounts to maybe the cost of airfare or my meals for the day which is a big deal.
    Question: do any superior rooms have ocean views or would I need to get a suite? All superior rooms have a fridge, correct? That's a big deal as I had my own drinks for the beach in my room fridge at CC. Are superior rooms closer to the beach than standard/deluxe? Are Jr suites closest to the beach?
    I have seen lots of referrals to Coco La Palm on Tripadvisor, I'll have to go back and read the reviews. But any suggestions on room requests would be welcome.
    Does Coco La Palm have the summer special every year, starting around April 15th? For about the same prices? I'm thinking of going the last 2 weeks of April 2013, so would have to wait for their sale to come out in Feb?

User Info Menu

Coco La Palm is a beautiful beach resort. You will be very happy there. I think we chose the superior room special rate, we didn't know in advance what we would end up with.
    We got lucky. It was off peak season and slow at the time we were staying there, so they upgraded us to the honeymoon suite. It was a dream come true for us. I think you would be happy in any room there. The grounds are beautiful, the pools are great. It's definitely a wonderful stretch of beach.
    Yes, there are room safes and towels provided.

Here are some pics:

Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

The safes af Coco are big enough to put in a 10" netbook, but a regular laptop won't fit. The have WiFi. The price has actually gone from $70 2 years ago to $77 last year to $90 (I believe) this year. The price includes all taxes and continental breakfast for 2. We just get the cheapest room available. Non of the rooms are more than 50 yards from the beach. The hot tub is awesome and really hot. great beach security too.

Regards,

Bob

User Info Menu

I love Coco. They grounds and rooms are beautiful and the staff are so friendly. We are returning again this summer!

User Info Menu

Jim and I LOVED our stay there.
    Jr. Suite
    Name:  IMG_0505.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  85.5 KB
    View from balcony
    Name:  IMG_0504.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  97.7 KB
    Our room #
    Name:  IMG_0525.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  95.8 KB
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Stayed in a junior suite a couple times and loved it. So far has been my favorite place to stay on the beach. Would like to stay in one of their beachfront suites someday.

User Info Menu

How much are their beachfront suites per night for their off season rates? All I've seen online are 3 room categories with no mention of beachfront suites.

User Info Menu

Thank all of you for answering my questions.
    Yes, Jamiaca Jeff the number of times you have stayed speaks worlds as to how nice the place must be. Also tfw73 is returning. Jim-Donna and Clarity thanks for your comments and the pictures which are much better than what I have found online. We are really looking forward to our first visit to Jamiaca and it appears I got lucky an picked a nice place to stay.