Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 room cottages or suites on the beach?

User Info Menu

2 room cottages or suites on the beach?

Hi everybody, I havent posted in years and very few of you know me but Im finally heading back down to Negril next month, bringing 2 kids so would like a 2 room place, not highend, just on the beach, any leads?

User Info Menu

Seasplash...suites with tons of room!

User Info Menu

Treehouse has nice 2 room suites that include the breakfast buffet.
    Yellow Bird has 2 bedroom room cabins that are nice.

User Info Menu

Shields is an inexpencive option and kid frendly. Pool, Safe, food, bar. Right on the beach. Close to town.
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

How old are the kids? Seasplash has 1-bedroom suites (great space) WITH lofts, so if older, that would be cool for the kids.

User Info Menu

Kids are 3 and 15, @jim and donna, do I just google Shields?

User Info Menu

Any more ideas?anybody?

User Info Menu

If you are on a strict budget, and you can handle spartan conditions, consider staying at Ansell's Thatchwalk Cottages (is right next to Shields - Ansell and Shields have a cooperative relationship so that their guests can use each others' property). Most cottages have a small kitchenette, and are adjoined by another suite that could be rented as a second bedroom. I've stayed there a couple times .... once when I brought my 3 daughters down, and I was flipping the tab ..... between using FF miles and, low fare lodging, and cooking (or reheating) many meals at 'home', we had a very memorable and affordable beachfront vacation. Some of the staff live on the premises, and depending on when you go, you will have built in playmates as there is a 4-yr old that resides there and his 14-yr old cousin is often on the premises as well (both boys).
    Last edited by Kritter; 03-06-2012 at 02:02 PM.

User Info Menu

Negril Beach Club Condos. NOT Negril Beach Club Resort, Negril Beach Resort or whatever the hotel section is called. Jean Gaynair has nice 1 & 2 bedroom units & the property is very kid & family friendly. Close to town, pool, great beach. Beach bar, restaurant (great food) Lingah by the Sea, convenience store on site, plus much more. I was there last in early February. It's worth checking out, for sure.

User Info Menu

Thank you