Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Back to the Little Cook Shop, a hidden Gem on the beach road.

User Info Menu

Back to the Little Cook Shop, a hidden Gem on the beach road.

A while back, I wrote about a little Mom and Pop cook shop on the beach road.

This past trip I made a return visit.

I remember that the owners had 2 kids, about 3 and 4 years old.

So, I was ready with a gift for them both.

I brought 2 battery powered spinning fans (soft parts spin) that lit up when you pushed the button.

When I arrived, I had the toys in a black bag.

"Where are the kids?" I asked.

The Mom called them and they both came up to the front of the cook shop eating ice cream in a cup.

Man, talk about having fun.

When the little boy was finished and he had scraped the cup with his spoon, he had a brain storm.

He stuck his whole hand in the cup and came out with a hand covered in melted ice cream, which was quickly dispatched by licking it all off.

Man, good to the last drop!

"Mam, when they are washed up, I have something to give them." I said.

"Wash up your face and hands" the mother told them.

They went around back, grabbed a plastic bowl, ran over to the stand pipe and filled the bowl and washed up.

I handed them the spinning light up fans and they were very pleased.

Of course, the word got out.

Another little girl walked up to me.

She was twisting her own ear with her left hand and pulling on her shirt with her right (the universal sign of wanting) looking up at me with her 3 year old brown eyes, and had such a look on her face that I picked her up and explain that there were no more toys to be handed out.

So it goes.

User Info Menu

Awwww... Makes you wish you could have a magic bag to pull toys out of and play Santa, doesn't it...

I'm a sucka for that look on a kid's face...