Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question about Rhodes Resort at Rhodes Hall Plantation?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmon View Post
    On our next trip to Negril, we most definitely will be staying at Rhodes Hall. Been to Negril many times, but RHP never and I cannot wait. Here is my question: If one is flying into MoBay and spending a week or so at RHP, I probably won't venture into Negril for the first day or two. Where would you stop between airport and RHP for provisions? Just basic stuff: rum, beer, cereal, snacks, fruit, veggies etc. Perhaps Hopewell, Lucea, Green Island or is it worth it to trek past RHP and head into Negril stores?

I have only ever made quick stops in these towns for a cold one and a patty. I am not sure where to stop for groceries? Thanks for you advice.
    Mattmon
    -We stopped at Mega Mart to get "my" rum ect...They have a local farmer that comes down with FRESH produce,pineapples,bannanas,tyme everything you would need.He comes on Wed.-When you get there Marsel can tell you about what time he gets there.Do you have you a driver yet?~Bless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Thanks Vince...We are still in the planning stages but are definitely set on RHP. Are you recommending the Mega in Negril or elsewhere? Great tip about the local farmer. My wife will go crazy for fresh veggies and culinary herbs. I would love to pester you with 20 questions about RHP later this year (if you are game!).
    Thanks again.

User Info Menu

Mega Mart in Mobay.You can 20,40,100 question me about Rhodes.If i have any tips or answers i will be more than willing to help ya.Rhodes have there own snorkel gear.we brought ours but,i used theres.Our kids used our own.Its $5.00us a day-They have good gear.Just take your under water cameras along with ya on the snorkling and rinding the horses.~Bless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmon View Post
    On our next trip to Negril, we most definitely will be staying at Rhodes Hall. Been to Negril many times, but RHP never and I cannot wait. Here is my question: If one is flying into MoBay and spending a week or so at RHP, I probably won't venture into Negril for the first day or two. Where would you stop between airport and RHP for provisions? Just basic stuff: rum, beer, cereal, snacks, fruit, veggies etc. Perhaps Hopewell, Lucea, Green Island or is it worth it to trek past RHP and head into Negril stores?

I have only ever made quick stops in these towns for a cold one and a patty. I am not sure where to stop for groceries? Thanks for you advice.
    Mattmon
    Green Island - Just after you cross the little bridge and come around the bend heading west, there is a supermarket on the right. It is walled in with a little parking lot. I can't recall the name but have shopped there plenty. Price fair. You can get rum ~$900 JD/liter, Red Stripe, Red Bull, Ting, snacks, groceries, etc.

Peace

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSue View Post
    Green Island - Just after you cross the little bridge and come around the bend heading west, there is a supermarket on the right. It is walled in with a little parking lot. I can't recall the name but have shopped there plenty. Price fair. You can get rum ~$900 JD/liter, Red Stripe, Red Bull, Ting, snacks, groceries, etc.

Peace
    -Also thats a great spot as well,Thanks SweetSue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Thank you everyone for all your great advice on Rhodes Resort! (Especially you Vince! You rock!)
    We just booked with "Villa Sur Mer" for our anniversary night because we fell head over heels in love with that resort.

but now we're definitely planning a day trip to Rhodes Hall Plantation for snorkeling and Pizza. Especially after everything I've read in this thread, It sounds like the perfect day excursion!

W-What's that about Lionfish though?

Vince, what did you delete? You better come clean with me right now!
    Last edited by Clarity; 03-07-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Thank you everyone for all your great advice on Rhodes Resort! (Especially you Vince! You rock!)
    We just booked with "Villa Sur Mer" for our anniversary night because we fell head over heels in love with that resort.

but now we're definitely planning a day trip to Rhodes Hall Plantation for snorkeling and Pizza. Especially after everything I've read in this thread, It sounds like the perfect day excursion!

W-What's that about Lionfish though?

Vince, what did you delete? You better come clean with me right now!
    You better post pics of the place. I have scoped it out as well as the place looks great on the website.

User Info Menu

I agree, booger! Villa Sur Mer looks amazing! So glad someone is finally staying there so we can hear all about it! Can't wait for that review!!!
    Maybe we will have to stop by later on our trip for a tour! The underground tunnel to the caves looks amazing!

User Info Menu

I stayed there last summer with my son during ATI, everything about the room, property, resteraunt was great! The only concern would be that it is quiet and a good ride to town. As stated it is only a route taxi away from everything. There is a driver named Wayne if he is atill there he was reasonable price for rides as well. The grounds are really nice. I would stay there again for sure. No pictures on this computer, but have lots at home.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

A couple photos from Rhodes Hall Plantation, Jan 2010....
    Name:  2009-2010 061.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  87.1 KB
    A view from the infinity pool which is filled with filtered sea water
    Name:  2009-2010 063.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  89.0 KB
    when you are in it, the edge disappears
    Name:  2009-2010 070.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  91.7 KB
    At the end of a perfect day, sunset through the bamboo...
    Last edited by SweetSue; 03-08-2012 at 10:05 AM.