Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question about Rhodes Resort at Rhodes Hall Plantation?

User Info Menu

Question about Rhodes Resort at Rhodes Hall Plantation?

I would like to preface this with a sincere thank you to everyone that has helped us with the planning of this upcoming anniversary trip and thank you for your patience in light of all of these questions.

This is the last one, I promise!

So after finding out that "Rockhouse" and "Tensing Pen" are entirely booked. (Apparently 4/20 is a very popular day for weddings in Jamaica)as well as "Citronella"... We started going through all of the other suggestions we’ve received. For a while we had our hearts set on “Villa Sur Mer” but then reality kicked in. We can’t afford it and they are probably not going to work with us on the price…

Rhodes Resort at Rhodes Hall Plantation looks really beautiful. This time, I’ve done my research in advance so I KNOW that this resort has availability for the 2 days we first arrive.

Rhodes Hall Resort is in our price range, It sounds like the snorkeling is amazing there, we can get an ocean view room with a Jacuzzi. (Sunshine room second floor) We really like the idea of having a private beach & Infinity pool. It sounds hassle-free and very romantic.

My concern is that it might be too quiet and too far away from Negril when we initially wanted to stay on the cliffs.

I also didn’t see any mention of an air conditioning unit and I don't know how important that is.

Has anyone stayed at the Rhodes hall Resort? How was the experience for you? Anyone stay in the sunshine building? Would you recommend this resort for an anniversary? Do you have any pictures you can share?

Thank you so much for any help you can offer. We’re close to pushing the button on this, I just wanted to get some feedback first.

Thanks so much,
    Daisy
    Last edited by Clarity; 03-06-2012 at 08:16 PM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

I have not stayed there but I will tell you what I know.
    Everyone who has stayed there LOVED it. See Vince (boardie) who could probably be hired as their official spokesperson. There was also a couple that got married at Samsara and then stayed at Rhodes Hall for their honeymoon I believe and they raved about it.

You are definitely right about the snorkeling. There are also horses on the property which you can go horseback riding with. Very close by is also Half Moon Beach which is great and also offers wonderful snorkeling. Both are in Green Island basically so you will be not too terribly far from Biggas!!!

You will be removed from Negril and it will be quiet and not in the action like you are used to, but there will be plenty to do where you are at and you will only be there for 2 days which I suspect will be the perfect time to enjoy the property. They also have a driver that will take you to Negril whenever you please. I have heard the restaurant is quite nice as well and I have also heard the staff is excellent.

With all of that said, I think you should still not give up hope on Villa Sur Mer! At least wait to hear back
    Last edited by marley9808; 03-07-2012 at 11:07 AM.

User Info Menu

quiet is an understatement for Rhodes Hall..........
    gong to Negril would be a bit of a ride if you don't have wheels......
    great place probably for your last two days so you can relax before heading home after partying etc in Negril........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I'm not old enough yet to stay there !!!

User Info Menu

You can't do it! You will miss Booger's 4/20 Bash! No ma'am, no way, unt uh.

User Info Menu

i have not stayed at Rhodes but have twice spent the day there. place is NICE ..... still a 100j cab ride to Negril, maybe 10 to 15 minutes tops .....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    You can't do it! You will miss Booger's 4/20 Bash! No ma'am, no way, unt uh.
    LOL! You're too funny Booger!

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    i have not stayed at Rhodes but have twice spent the day there. place is NICE ..... still a 100j cab ride to Negril, maybe 10 to 15 minutes tops .....
    You mean 1000J right? 100J would only get us from the front door of Seastar to the Gates of Catcha Falling star.

It DOES look very nice from the pictures

Quote Originally Posted by NEGRILJAIL View Post
    I'm not old enough yet to stay there !!!
    Uhoh, Wait.. what do you mean by that? How old are you? (if you don't mind me asking)

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    quiet is an understatement for Rhodes Hall..........
    gong to Negril would be a bit of a ride if you don't have wheels......
    great place probably for your last two days so you can relax before heading home after partying etc in Negril........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Hmmm....Do you know if there are places to eat or hang out around the resort or is it in the middle of nowhere?

Quote Originally Posted by marley9808 View Post
    I have not stayed there but I will tell you what I know.
    Everyone who has stayed there LOVED it. See Vince Loudon who could probably be hired as their official spokesperson. There was also a couple that got married at Samsara and then stayed at Rhodes Hall for their honeymoon I believe and they raved about it.

You are definitely right about the snorkeling. There are also horses on the property which you can go horseback riding with. Very close by is also Half Moon Beach which is great and also offers wonderful snorkeling. Both are in Green Island basically so you will be not too terribly far from Biggas!!!

You will be removed from Negril and it will be quiet and not in the action like you are used to, but there will be plenty to do where you are at and you will only be there for 2 days which I suspect will be the perfect time to enjoy the property. They also have a driver that will take you to Negril whenever you please. I have heard the restaurant is quite nice as well and I have also heard the staff is excellent.

With all of that said, I think you should still not give up hope on Villa Sur Mer! At least wait to hear back
    Thanks Marley! That information is helpful, we love snorkeling so I think that aspect would make it a perfect haven for us. It sounds like a lovely resort.

Outlook not so good with "Villa Sur Mer" - but I'll wait and see if they get back to me before pushing any buttons. I mean, there is always that 0.1% chance.

Thanks everyone for your help! We appreciate it!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

no 100j, a simple route taxi. About $1.30 USD.

User Info Menu

also, the restaurant there is exceptionally good. Plus, there's a little town with a strip of shops plus Half Moon, really good lobster there.

User Info Menu

From Rhodes Hall to Negril, 120 to 140 JD, about 15 -20 min. I have spent the day there. It is serene & quiet, which is nice if you want time to connect and relax in peace. The infinity pool is beautiful. You can relax and enjoy a sub without any hesitation. The snorkeling is good, wear water shoes or fins when you walkout and swim asap. There are a great number of sea urchins close by between the shore and the reef.

The staff was nice and the food good. A few days stay there is a nice break.